JFH - Rochdale pre-match interview / team news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH - Rochdale pre-match interview / team news

QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink previews tonight’s EFL Cup tie against Rochdale …
    • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink set to make changes for tonight's EFL Cup tie
    • Fixture against Rochdale is QPR's sixth in 16 days
    • Ariel Borysiuk set to make R's debut

JIMMY Floyd Hasselbaink admits he will be forced to make changes for this evening’s EFL Cup tie against Rochdale, but says that is no excuse for QPR to drop their standards.

As the R’s prepare for their sixth game in 16 days, Hasselbaink will be looking to use his squad as much as he can, but he is keen to ensure he gives his team the best possible chance of progressing against the League One outfit.

“I have to rotate my squad, I have no choice,” he told www.qpr.co.uk, “but this is a good opportunity to see other people.

“We will try to put as strong a squad out as we can and try to get through to the next stage.

“Luckily we have Ariel Borysiuk back. He can’t play 90 minutes but he will be involved. And some younger players will get their chance too.”

Having impressed during pre-season, Borysiuk has been forced to wait for his first competitive fixture in the blue and white hoops owing to an ankle injury sustained in training.

But now the 25 year-old is raring to go against the Dale tonight.

“It is great for Ariel and the group that he is back,” Hasselbaink added. “He is eager and excited to play. He has had two injuries since he has been here – one small one, and one bigger one – but hopefully now he can stay fit and play his part.”

Rochdale saw off Chesterfield in the first round of the EFL Cup, and the R’s chief has a lot of respect for this evening’s opposition.

“They are a better side than people think,” he said. “They are a good footballing side.

“They have got a lot of good, young players who like to pass the ball. They are very calm in possession, and play in a 4-1-4-1 formation, which is always very difficult to break down. We really respect them and have been impressed by them.”

With changes set to be made, Hasselbaink says this represents a chance for players on the fringes of his first-team squad to catch his eye.

“This is an opportunity for everybody who is going to play,” he said. “We are talking about standards – and our standards have to be right every time. The aim is always to go to the next stage of a cup, or pick up three points. Your standards shouldn’t change.

“We will take each game at a time. If we can be positive and get through to the next stage tonight, we will all be very happy.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...hTvs4rxdCZM.99

Sounds like it could be differcult. Rochdale good bunch of lads, decent footballing side. Like to run about a bit. Sleeping giants.

We can only do what we can do. We'll have a go.

Comment

Well, after reading JFH's commitment of playing to win in cup games, I've reconsidered and taken the plunge to go.

Comment

I was very pleasently surprised to see the price for this game. My under 18 cost me a pound and I was a tenner. I even bought my mate and his sons tickets and the whole lot was £27.50 incl fee.
        I will let you know at ten o clock exactly HOW much a bargain it is though!!

Comment

Even after reading this I still feel he wants/needs a few new players in his squad.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I see another 'shock' defeat in the offing.

Sounds like the team will include the likes of Kpweka, Comley, Paul and the lethal pairing of Grego-Cox and Washington. Plus a few square pegs in round holes to suit JHF's preferred 4231 formation.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              I see another 'shock' defeat in the offing.

Sounds like the team will include the likes of Kpweka, Comley, Paul and the lethal pairing of Grego-Cox and Washington. Plus a few square pegs in round holes to suit JHF's preferred 4231 formation.
              Getting knocked out cup by lower league side is not a shock it's the norm

Comment

pointless jumpers for goal post game. Lets just hope the players start performing in the league because the last 2 games have been nothing short of disgraceful
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  pointless jumpers for goal post game.
                  Not sure about that WeAre. A long overdue cup run would be a much-needed morale boost for the club/fans. Further, we should be taking advantage of a relatively easier home-tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    A long overdue cup run would be a much-needed morale boost for the club/fans. Further, we should be taking advantage of a relatively easier home-tie.
                    Is correct, plus a bit of cup run revenue wouldn't go amiss.

We're not going to be doing that much in the league so even a halfassed effort in either cup comp would be welcome.

Comment

:
                      Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Sounds like it could be differcult. Rochdale good bunch of lads, decent footballing side. Like to run about a bit. Sleeping giants.

We can only do what we can do. We'll have a go.

Comment

Working...
                      X