posting on here - during games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posting on here - during games?

Always had the impression that the majority on here attended games.

I had a look back through the Match day thread and an awful lot of people claiming to be attending games are posting on here during the game? i know it was poor Saturday but are people actually at the game and writing on here?

I was yeah, first one I have done it much at. Did it towards extra time at swindon too.

Comment

I always check in on here from the battle before for team news etc from the match thread.
      Never even think of the internet at the game though at times like saturday it would probably be much more enjoyable.
      If we win ill go back to the pub and sometimes check in here again before im hammered to gloat at the realist moaners. (Joke)
      If we lose i usually go straight home and kick the shite out of her indoors and then the dog. (another joke)
      I always do the same bet, tenner on Rangers winning first half away team to win the match in the second half, and another tenner on away team winning first half and Rangers to win in the second half. (Usually 28-1 upwards and comes in once or twice a season)
      Oh and one last confession, when its games like saturday i ALWAYS leave early (if im not in a box as someones guest).

Comment

Occasionally post on here during games, mainly because working 150 miles away.

For people like myself its good to know we can be updated at a glance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I always check in on here from the battle before for team news etc from the match thread.
          Never even think of the internet at the game though at times like saturday it would probably be much more enjoyable.
          If we win ill go back to the pub and sometimes check in here again before im hammered to gloat at the realist moaners. (Joke)
          If we lose i usually go straight home and kick the shite out of her indoors and then the dog. (another joke)
          I always do the same bet, tenner on Rangers winning first half away team to win the match in the second half, and another tenner on away team winning first half and Rangers to win in the second half. (Usually 28-1 upwards and comes in once or twice a season)
          Oh and one last confession, when its games like saturday i ALWAYS leave early (if im not in a box as someones guest).
          What time in the game is the turning point where you leave early?

I've only actually left a game early once, palace were pissing on us 4-1 or something and I was with a couple of palace mates........i flounced out with about 10 minutes to go and if memory serves, tripped on the steps, for good measure.......

Comment

Five and sometimes ten minutes from the end if we are as bad as we were on saturday and even if we played all night would never come back into it. Think ive only ever made a rickett once.

Comment

My husband bought tickets for my birthday to see QPR v. Newcastle in 1984. At half-time we were losing 4-0. My husband turned to me and asked if I wanted to leave. As he had gone to a lot of trouble to arrange the tickets I didn't want to. At full time, as most of you know, the score was 5-5. Boy was I glad I stayed.

Comment

I occasionally post during home games when I'm at LR, because I've always got a second eye on my phone for all the stats etc.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Never post when at a game. Reception for O2 is non existent in the Ellerslie and QPR wifi doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Never post when at a game. Reception for O2 is non existent in the Ellerslie and QPR wifi doesn't work.
                    Same here. Think it's non existent throughout the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                      My husband bought tickets for my birthday to see QPR v. Newcastle in 1984. At half-time we were losing 4-0. My husband turned to me and asked if I wanted to leave. As he had gone to a lot of trouble to arrange the tickets I didn't want to. At full time, as most of you know, the score was 5-5. Boy was I glad I stayed.
                      best game ever at Loftus Road.

Comment

suprised really. thought if people paid for a ticket, they would sit there and watch the game, not be on their phone writing about it.

Nas - as opposed to looking at stats on your phone, couldnt you just look at the game with your own eyes and make your own mind up about things?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                          Nas - as opposed to looking at stats on your phone, couldnt you just look at the game with your own eyes and make your own mind up about things?
                          Was thinking the same. You're never going to get a true perspective of the match if you keep looking down at your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                            suprised really. thought if people paid for a ticket, they would sit there and watch the game, not be on their phone writing about it.

To be fair.....your mental arithmetic would have to be quite good to work out that any given player had run 9.6km with a 68% pass completion rate......

Comment

I post from match when I can get a connection but usually when it's boring to occupy myself

Comment

Working...
                              X