• Show
Clear All

You could be right, jmelanie.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      He doesn't have the tactical flexibility to do that. Its the Burton way or nothing with Jimmy. Hope he turns things round this term but honestly? No evidence of managerial suss beyond getting a dysfunctional bunch onto the park and running about a bit. That's why some of us were gobsmacked by the appointment.
      Ive gota feeling you were never a fan of our manager and are still not keen.
      Don't know wha leads me to that assumption but apologies if im wrong

Comment

I felt tired at work so they substituted me at lunch time. Well they told me to call it a day, whatever that means
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

For me this early in the season it's excuses don't matter if you have played five games in a short time

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            I felt tired at work so they substituted me at lunch time. Well they told me to call it a day, whatever that means
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Ive gota feeling you were never a fan of our manager and are still not keen.
              Don't know wha leads me to that assumption but apologies if im wrong
              He's like a broken record with this tactical flexibility thing... We switch to 442 mid game and we're still not tactically flexible... We play a roaming playmaker against Swindon in Nasser which is different completely to what we usually do and we're still not tactically flexible... we don't have plan b... same old, same old.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                Could it be that he wanted the board to understand that he still needs additions to the squad? No? Have to say it seems strange that he still seems to play many players out of position, but anyway?
                This accusation smacks of a rotten club out to screw the manager and the fans. Can't believe that we're back to square one. If JFH can't just say " I need more" and has to resort to passive aggressive posturing we are truly phuked.

Could I be right?!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i dont think its as bad an excused as people are making out.

Yes we are only a few weeks into the season, but games really have been coming thick and fast. only ever a few days rest before the next and it will take its toll. No doubt he tore into the players after Preston, but cant really come out and say that.

need more numbers higher up the pitch, just not got the numbers/quality to rotate really.

Comment

Its the start of the season and they need to play to get uber fit after the lay off, but with the games coming so thick and fast and add to that we played the Sunday and Wednesday while Preston played Saturday and Tuesday, its a fair enough shout imho.
                    Though nothing will ever excuse that pish poor prformance by every single last one of them. They were out played and out thought.
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 23-08-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Posted this on another thread but relevant here:

It's not that they're too tired to play, just not at the intensity required. IMO it doesn't matter how fit a player is, playing twice a week at this level will take its toll with a thin squad like ours and one carrying injuries. These aren't excuses, just physiological facts. You physically couldn't maintain that degree of intensity - the high tempo pressing game JFH demands. It caught up with the players on Saturday - they were flat on their feet, not just physically, mentally too. Basic sports science tells you that the human body needs adequate recovery time before it can go again at this level of intensity being demanded on the body within a set time frame. Any high level athlete will tell you that.

For JFH's methodology to be successful it needs a bigger squad in order to rotate players more as games come thick and fast - a squad he currently doesn't have, but at least (by the sound of it) is trying to increase.

That's not to say he isn't beyond criticism - far from it because IMO he's been playing too many players out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        This accusation smacks of a rotten club out to screw the manager and the fans. Can't believe that we're back to square one. If JFH can't just say " I need more" and has to resort to passive aggressive posturing we are truly phuked.

Could I be right?!!!!!!!!!
                        Dunno, but It looks like we still need a playmaker and few more players to boost the squad, donīt we really?
                        Last edited by Shania; 23-08-2016, 12:14 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                          Just an excuse. Polter has admitted that privately JFH went to work on them in the dressing room. JFH needed to say something to the press and hammering players isn't the way to do it.
                          Then he should have said that he was to blame because he selected the team tactics subs etc.
                          Making such a pathetic excuse (preston have played the same amount of games),makes him look foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            He's like a broken record with this tactical flexibility thing... We switch to 442 mid game and we're still not tactically flexible... We play a roaming playmaker against Swindon in Nasser which is different completely to what we usually do and we're still not tactically flexible... we don't have plan b... same old, same old.
                            Playing 442 with a CM on the wing is perhaps flexible,. but it doesn't really work well.he should have bought on Shodipo to play on the left wing.
                            Perhaps some fans didn't want him in the 1st place, but maybe some others are just bored and fed up witb his brand of football, team selections and excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                              i dont think its as bad an excused as people are making out.

Yes we are only a few weeks into the season, but games really have been coming thick and fast. only ever a few days rest before the next and it will take its toll. No doubt he tore into the players after Preston, but cant really come out and say that.

need more numbers higher up the pitch, just not got the numbers/quality to rotate really.
                              I guess Preston's players must have played less games this month, are fitter, have more energy or were doped then.

Comment

Working...
                              X