• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

needs to deliver and stop the show pony antics

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      needs to deliver and stop the show pony antics
      That's my main gripe, as lots have others have mentioned also. Surely JFH can see this too. Needs to get it into his head he could probably do that a league below, but Championship defenders can be quite unforgiving.

Comment

He managed a shot on target, possibly our first of the game. He links up well with Chery, scored a cracker and match winner against Charlton. He looks for a pass, makes some good pass's and does a good bit of running.

I can see how he could frustrate people, especially when we're 0-2 down, but everyone had a bad game.

Comment

Hooked after 40 mins tonight.

Injury or normal wastefulness? Anyone there confirm.

Comment

I have given him time but tonight he looked like a bottle job going into challenged and bit weak on the ball. Jury is still out for me

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              Hooked after 40 mins tonight.

Injury or normal wastefulness? Anyone there confirm.
              Injury, he went down with a back injury initially and hobbled off he tried to carry on but was too badly hurt so went off for Cherym

Comment

There aren't many wide players who are comfortable going either outside or inside their man. Unfortunately those who can will be coveted by all the top teams and are not going to be wearing a hooped shirt. I prefer a right footed player to play on the right and a left footed player on the left. It may be just as obvious to a defender if a winger is going to go inside or outside, but if he goes outside, especially playing one up front and you lack pace, it allows midfielders time to get in to the box plus you can also nick off the full back for a corner.

Comment

Only useful as a sub as far as I'm concerned.
                  I agree that right footed wingers should play on the right wing left footed on left.

Shodipo should start the next game.

Comment

cant figure him out. Seems a bottle job in the tackle, but then tried to carry on when clearly injured.

Agree with the above that he has a squad player at best. Would ideally like 3 better options wide before we pick him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Really not impressed with this guy.

A very poor show pony. Can't see much about this guy that I like apart from the fact he tries to beat someone but usually doesn't, 20 step overs to then lose possession and be out of position chasing his tail.

Not Championship level IMO sorry.

Hoping someone can convince me otherwise.
                      Tried to give him more of a chance than others have but I give up to be honest Jimmy. You're right about him. He seems to have a bit.of trickery about him, and he's scored a couple of belters for us, but his overall play is poor, he's greedy more often than not, and he has no strength whatsoever.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Disappointed with this fellow, looks like an absolute push over. Has good technical ability but really needs to improve the other aspects of his game.

He bottled about 3 50/50 tackles last night, the pu$$y.

Didn't think much of his injury either, just looked like he didn't fancy it last night.

Comment

Still jury out for me. Needs to learn which is the best option of shoot or pass when in the box as he always seems to choose the wrong one.

Other than that, at least he tries to make things happen in a team crying out for creativity when Chery is off the boil.

Comment

Thanks all. Still don't really rate him I'll be honest.

Shodipo played better on his debut than every time NEK has played. League 1 player. Hoping for a massive improvement.

Comment

Indifferent about the lad, a lot of wasted possession however does try and get into the box and has got a shot on him much better than most at the club, has the ability to score from pretty much nothing

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                                Indifferent about the lad, a lot of wasted possession however does try and get into the box and has got a shot on him much better than most at the club, has the ability to score from pretty much nothing
                                Agree, problem is, how often does that happen?

Not a lot as Paul Daniels used to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X