Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Or perhaps, as I've listed countless times on this thread, he's behind the others in fitness levels and sharpness because he came back late from the Euros.
    Correct.

Andy Sinton made the same point in the comms.

Comment

• As did Connor in his social media post after the game.

Some Rs fans love a scapegoat.

Comment

Or perhaps, as I've listed countless times on this thread, he's behind the others in fitness levels and sharpness because he came back late from the Euros.
        How does that explain his lacklustre performances before the Euro's?

Comment

Some Rs fans love a scapegoat.
          Not blaming Washington for anything, just making an objective comment on his performance. Would love for him to find form and bang in the goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
            You mean where he hasn't started games, or being given an extended run in the side?

This thread is now going round in circles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
              I answered this a few pages ago.

As Stanley says, round and round in circles.

Bottom line, lets all do something different for once as Rangers fans and 1) give him more time, and 2) not get impatient and get on his back.

Comment

• Anyone remember those Korean Park fanboys who were on here a while back endlessly telling us how brilliant their boy was? Haha.

Comment

• We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Anyone remember those Korean Park fanboys who were on here a while back endlessly telling us how brilliant their boy was? Haha.
                    Park was useless and Yun was a sicknote. Don't think Conor is either of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Anyone remember those Korean Park fanboys who were on here a while back endlessly telling us how brilliant their boy was? Haha.
                      Oh god that was hilarious. God I can't remember their names but it was brilliant.

As for this thread and the points people keep making, what I think is that there are two things here: There's a desperation on some people's part to see a young British striker succeed at QPR just as CA did and others before him, just because he cost us a bit more and they keep brushing away the fact that he's not earned a starting spot at all...

Why does he deserve a chance when he does nothing off the bench? We started Chery once in 19 games at one point last season and he kept coming off the bench for 1 minute, 5 minutes, etc, and he earned his starting spot by scoring towards the end of that period and then scoring on his return to the starting 11. Same goes for Polter and others. Yet everyone's favourite CW who's gotten starts just because we want him to do something, hasn't gotten enough of a chance. His biggest spell away from the starting 11 has been 4 games which is nothing compared to the other, much better players on our team, just to give him a chance and he doesn't take it.

Then you have people like me, who - irrespective of the player involved and his pedigree, chance of success, etc - wants the club to succeed and doesn't see CW being the player to bring success. Why try and force success out of an individual? Why try and Jeopardise our league success for the sake of seeing if this young british player will do well for us when we've got a Big Fa rking German who is in fact doing well for us. That's how I see it.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          Park was useless and Yun was a sicknote. Don't think Conor is either of those.
                          Oh I agree. I'm in the Washington- hasn't- been- given- a- chance- but- is- probably- pants camp. Needs to start another league game at home at the very least.

Comment

• So Nas sees 2 ways of looking at the situation and conveniently sees himself and others who think similarly as wanting what's best for the club whereas the other camp are eager for a British player to do well..... Oh dear! Haven't seen anyone mention they want denzel to do well because he is British but that aside where he goes wrong is the idea that these 2 theories are antithetical.

Comment

• I know its not his favoured position and might still give us the same width problem but y not start him out wide instead of cousins and see what he can do linking up with Polter coming in off either flank. Can't get much more narrow than cousins and yeni hasn't exactly set the world alight with his performances as a wide man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                So Nas sees 2 ways of looking at the situation and conveniently sees himself and others who think similarly as wanting what's best for the club whereas the other camp are eager for a British player to do well..... Oh dear! Haven't seen anyone mention they want denzel to do well because he is British but that aside where he goes wrong is the idea that these 2 theories are antithetical.
                                Well actually it's just that fans have been calling out for us to have a young British spine for some reason when we should be looking for a young talented spine before all else. If they're British, so be it, if they aren't why do we need to force it? It's not that the other camp doesn't want whats best for the club, I have no doubt they do want that, but some have a desire to see Conor play and get that elusive chance that everyone else has gotten but he hasn't because he's the victim here of poor management not giving him time and of fans not giving him time, while I personally just want the player most equipped to win us matches to play and for me, that's not Conor, for others it may be, that's the point of opinions.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X