No announcement yet.

Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to say, this is a capital thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Then that is Wigan away sorted then! I am now looking forward to my trip North now. The only problem is your post is not what we are likely to see.
      We can only hope mate, I know you don't trust JFH and can't blame you, but I think we can pull it off, certainly hope we can.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Not about trust more about what I have watched for the best part of a year. I care about the club not the latest manager as they always come and go.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Also, I think this puts to bed the rumour from a while ago that RIG and I are the same person
          I think you are just arguing with yourself in order to put that point across
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            I have to say, this is a capital thread.
            Glad I went to the pub Hubs mate and got out while I could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              Glad I went to the pub Hubs mate and got out while I could.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                As a man so intent on putting down my use of language, you sure do get the term wrong. Crooked run? Ok mate, firstly, I said Hooked Run. Secondly, if this is all you can try and find to put my statement into disrepute, you're really clutching. I call it hooking your run, someone can call it something else, like that matters. He enjoyed it, noticed as I said that Sandro didn't really want to engage in the game from open play early on and was a centre circle midfielder for most of it. Didn't see what perch offered, thought that Ariel would look better alongside someone more creative, felt our players didn't open up enough space until the last few minutes and didn't seem to want to do much running (understandable as it's a cup game)... the usual.
                In fairness I know exactly what nasser is talking about. A decent striker arches his runs, it's pretty basic for a striker.

Btw - not having a pop at Wahsington for not doing this as I didn't go to the Rochdale game, just defending Nasser slightly!
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• The strange thing is, I thought CW did curve his runs, or at least tried to. I think the problem should be more to the point of, why on earth did we keep launching it up to him, rather than playing through the midfield and trying to slip him in down the side of the centre halves - We did it a few times for him when Chery came on and it worked, but we didn't do it enough for him IMO.

I put forward all my reasons on why CW shouldn't be judged yet, which I think are more than valid reasons, which could be agreed with. However Nasser seems intent on brushing them aside and ignoring them, like he does with most people's posts when replying to him. Hear's what he wants to hear, and reads what he wants to read.

Comment

• People keep saying we need another striker as cover, we have got Washington as cover and everyones moaning cos he isnt playing. Confused..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      People keep saying we need another striker as cover, we have got Washington as cover and everyones moaning cos he isnt playing. Confused..
                      They want a proven striker as cover (or in fact as our main striker) mate. Washy ain't that. He may or may not come good. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to get someone else in, would it? Not likely to happen, but someone like Jordan Rhodes, on loan, for example.

Comment

• The reason hes getting no game time is cos our main striker with the first toich of Peter Sutcliffe and is a useless lump of turd and league two standard is playing well and not letting him get a chance to get into the team.

People just love to moan for moaning sakes imo.
                        We are struggling for goals and on a massive slide down the table according to this forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          The reason hes getting no game time is cos our main striker with the first toich of Peter Sutcliffe and is a useless lump of turd and league two standard is playing well and not letting him get a chance to get into the team.

People just love to moan for moaning sakes imo.
                          We are struggling for goals and on a massive slide down the table according to this forum
                          Well yes, there is that element as well, but we know all about that Kev!

Comment

• Few fans need to realise, we are not in the game of buying proven older strikers anymore, like a Crouch... We're in the game of young and hungry players who have potential. Who we can buy cheap and sell on for an increased fee.

Whether fans like it or not, this is what we are doing and where we are currently at - And this is the type of club we should be IMO, with an 18k stadium.

Comment

• I was at the game on Tuesday. Thought Washington's positioning was all wrong, he never looks threatening and doesn't have presence in and around the box. You've got to wonder how it is that Sandro can rock up and score two goals and our striker hardly even gets a shot in. Perhaps Washington lacks confidence? Maybe he's feeling the pressure? Who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                                I was at the game on Tuesday. Thought Washington's positioning was all wrong, he never looks threatening and doesn't have presence in and around the box. You've got to wonder how it is that Sandro can rock up and score two goals and our striker hardly even gets a shot in. Perhaps Washington lacks confidence? Maybe he's feeling the pressure? Who knows?
                                Or perhaps, as I've listed countless times on this thread, he's behind the others in fitness levels and sharpness because he came back late from the Euros.

Comment

Working...
                                X