• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big game for the lad tonight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Big game for the lad tonight IMO.
      I had high hopes for him and he does have a footballing brain unfortunately not the ability to match. For 3m he would be up there in the top 20 overpriced nobody's I am sad to say!
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

What I don't understand is why JFH didn't play him at the end of the season when we were safe and had no chance of promotion.

Comment

That's a fair point Melanie, jfh doesn't like to make life easy for himself
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Was he any good tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              I had high hopes for him and he does have a footballing brain unfortunately not the ability to match. For 3m he would be up there in the top 20 overpriced nobody's I am sad to say!
              Yes, he is right up there.

[QUOTE=jmelanie;1556031]What I don't understand is why JFH didn't play him at the end of the season when we were safe and had no chance of promotion.[/Quote

I didn't understand that either.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                Was he any good tonight?
                I didn't go but just spoke to my brother who went and he said he looked quite lively but his finishing was pony.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Billion times better tonight then against Swindon. Some decent movement my only observation and complaint is about his first touch its non existent as is his second seems to need three or four touches to get ball under control

Worked hard an put a shift in do I was satisfied with his effort

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Billion times better tonight then against Swindon. Some decent movement my only observation and complaint is about his first touch its non existent as is his second seems to need three or four touches to get ball under control

Worked hard an put a shift in do I was satisfied with his effort
                    If we can give him more match time, I'm sure he'll have that sorted before we know it.

We can all see a good player there, we need to give him that chance and hope we do.

Comment

Likes to play off the last man so needs through balls.

Comment

My take on him tonight was that he made some runs but they weren't particularly great. I brought a friend who's a big big fan of the sport, really loves the tactics of it and knows a lot and what he said before anything else was that CW set himself up poorly for making runs by not hooking his runs but just running horizontally. His touch was poor, his finishing was poor but at least I saw him looking to run for balls and we did play a few solid balls through. I did feel however we as a team improved massively when he moved out wide when Polter came on. I don't think he'll be good enough for this level as I think he lacks too many key things a striker naturally needs.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                          If we can give him more match time, I'm sure he'll have that sorted before we know it.

We can all see a good player there, we need to give him that chance and hope we do.
                          Yep this is what I was trying to say at length earlier in the thread but some just want to write him off without giving him that chance.

His touch will improve with time as will his movement given the right coaching, just want to see him given that proper run not just the odd game here and there.

Comment

He can't play on his own upfront. He needs another forward to take at least one defender away.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              My take on him tonight was that he made some runs but they weren't particularly great. I brought a friend who's a big big fan of the sport, really loves the tactics of it and knows a lot and what he said before anything else was that CW set himself up poorly for making runs by not hooking his runs but just running horizontally. His touch was poor, his finishing was poor but at least I saw him looking to run for balls and we did play a few solid balls through. I did feel however we as a team improved massively when he moved out wide when Polter came on. I don't think he'll be good enough for this level as I think he lacks too many key things a striker naturally needs.
                              As you think he is just not good enough for this level do you think we should just get rid rather than try and coach him into a better player like we seem to have done with Polter?

If so, that's a bit Redknappesque

Comment

I'd start him against Wigan, give BFG a rest. If we start with Sandro, who can actually pass a ball and not just hoof it, it may suit Conor's game
                                Last edited by lymehoop; 24-08-2016, 08:38 AM.
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X