Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington

Shame he fluffed that big chance when he came on as he did everything right bar the finish. Had the movement, position and a great touch to bring the ball down then seemed to tread on the ball!

Personally hope he pushes on because he was lively.

If we're impatient we'll destroy him.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
      If we're impatient we'll destroy him.
      Think you might be right there. Still think we need the big man / little man combination up top.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Think you might be right there. Still think we need the big man / little man combination up top.
        Same, now Polter has returned to type lol

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I often used to come across the Adebayor Defoe pairing on Fifa, and they were a nightmare pair, always scored against me.

Comment

He ain't upto it at this level, I think that's clear to see.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Awful control for his chance.

Comment

Cost quite a bit too....especially for us given FFP.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  He ain't upto it at this level, I think that's clear to see.
                  im afraid i have to agree there.
                  Rangers Til I Die
                  follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    Awful control for his chance.
                    First touch was fantastic, every touch after was awful and he totally lacked any sort of composure.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Never really seemed to have the ball under control but it was a great run he made off the blind side very similar to what Defoe does

Should have been one touch then bang

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Never really seemed to have the ball under control but it was a great run he made off the blind side very similar to what Defoe does

Should have been one touch then bang
                        Agree either that or if you're gonna take more touches, get around the keeper. That would be more of a psychological win in a sense, but both work.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You're being too negative on Washington. I only watched the highlights on Player and it was evident that he looked the more likely to score. He was unlucky with that touch as he controlled the ball perfectly to let it run away from him. However, he did had a good shot that their goalkeeper saved well and another that was blocked. Give him a chance and be patient. He'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Same, now Polter has returned to type lol
                            Unfair Jimbo playing hoof ball into a massed defence was just trying to flog a willing horse , should've gone to 2 up after 15 mins
                            Last edited by dogsrrs; 21-08-2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                              You're being too negative on Washington. I only watched the highlights on Player and it was evident that he looked the more likely to score. He was unlucky with that touch as he controlled the ball perfectly to let it run away from him. However, he did had a good shot that their goalkeeper saved well and another that was blocked. Give him a chance and be patient. He'll be alright.
                              If someone criticizes Washington who's had 8 months and hasn't done as much as he should and his performances haven't been great either. Yesterday, he had maybe 3 chances? One of them was alright, the first one was the good first touch, bad everything else and the 3rd one was a rebound from a corner where his shot was unbelievably weak. He doesn't use his pace enough and he lacks height to be a constant threat without his pace. If he starts doing more like that run which led to a chance, he'll do fine, but he really needs to up it to that level consistently on his bench appearances.

Comment

Working...
                              X