Our manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Thing is Jimmy is being told he has only £1.5 max to spend on a player ( appears that way),so he isn't going to get quality in for that,we lost our 2 most creative players during the summer and still haven't brought in a striker,we have a squad that should be capable of a one place improvement on last season but anything else would be a surprise UNLESS we bring in a decent striker (won't get one for peanuts) and a replacement for Philips .
    Didn't he spend 4m on Washington?

Comment

Thing is Jimmy is being told he has only £1.5 max to spend on a player ( appears that way),so he isn't going to get quality in for that,we lost our 2 most creative players during the summer and still haven't brought in a striker,we have a squad that should be capable of a one place improvement on last season but anything else would be a surprise UNLESS we bring in a decent striker (won't get one for peanuts) and a replacement for Philips .
      It really doesn't matter what resources you have, but if you set up a team so narrowly, with no width, with a right sided player on the left and a defensive midfielder on the right, with one up front and a deep lying defensive central two, one of whom is Kelvin, you're proving you don't know/ didn't do your job, tbh. Playing 4231 requires two wide players who, working with the full backs, can stretch the opposition with one of the central two able to play telling balls though the centre as well as covering the centre backs. Jimmy was woeful yesterday. Woeful. With our existing squad we would have been miles better than we were yesterday. It all comes down to the manager's wrong choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        It really doesn't matter what resources you have, but if you set up a team so narrowly, with no width, with a right sided player on the left and a defensive midfielder on the right, with one up front and a deep lying defensive central two, one of whom is Kelvin, you're proving you don't know/ didn't do your job, tbh. Playing 4231 requires two wide players who, working with the full backs, can stretch the opposition with one of the central two able to play telling balls though the centre as well as covering the centre backs. Jimmy was woeful yesterday. Woeful. With our existing squad we would have been miles better than we were yesterday. It all comes down to the manager's wrong choices.
        this . i could see 10 minutes in we were in for a long day , jimmy needs to see this early and change it , i've never liked him since i saw him larging it in chessington world of adventures with his kids in their chelsea kits

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          I agree with the fact that we were too narrow, playing yeni on his weak foot forces him inside and Cousins is never staying wide. But the other stuff I think is understandable... With cousins out wide, the only options in the middle were Luongo and Henry and Luongo has to stay back to cover Henry's lack of pace. Perch played full back because Ned had to move in to cover for Hall. But starting with the wrong wide players doesn't set us up great. Hope it changes.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            Come off it everyone, the ref did us at Barnsley and we were very tired on Saturday.
            Behind closed doors JFH wouldn't have been looking at the ref. They deserved it. Tired? I thought we were supposed to be fitter. If we're this fvcked four games in god help us if things pile up later on.

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            we were too narrow,
            from a tactical point of view we were unable to cope is the truth. The fact that we are almost totally devoid of real class on and off the park doesn't help matters. That's the reality right now but then most of us knew that. Let's see where we are twelve league games in, by then reality and expectation tend to match up imo.... mid table I reckon.
            Last edited by hal9thou; 22-08-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Didn't he spend 4m on Washington?
              I mean this season, during the summer,done of our signings cost more than £1.5 million ,Washington was brought in last season for £2.5 million,Jimmy 's biggest spend so far

Comment

Jimmy 's biggest spend so far
                and some people on here want him to be given a fixed term contract, signed up for the foreseeable.......

let's just see how it goes for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                  and some people on here want him to be given a fixed term contract, signed up for the foreseeable.......

let's just see how it goes for a while.

What a laughable validation... "Let's ignore all the other cheaper signings that look to be very good buys, his most expensive is his worst and now he shouldn't be in consideration for long term fixed contract"
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

JFH as QPR Manager for 33 games, won 9, drawn 14, lost 10.

Chris Ramsey manager for 32 games, won 9, drew 6, lost 17. Though obviously some of Ramsey's games were in the premier league.

No one is saying that Jimmy should be sacked. But so far he hasn't been an overwhelming success. Let's wait until Christmas and then reassess, the board made the right decision by giving him a rolling one year contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                      JFH as QPR Manager for 33 games, won 9, drawn 14, lost 10.

Chris Ramsey manager for 32 games, won 9, drew 6, lost 17. Though obviously some of Ramsey's games were in the premier league.

No one is saying that Jimmy should be sacked. But so far he hasn't been an overwhelming success. Let's wait until Christmas and then reassess, the board made the right decision by giving him a rolling one year contract.
                      Funnily enough, after 4 games under Ramsey last season we were 6th in the league...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                        Was empty yesterday , terrible support.
                        I guess the fans are fed up with the dull negative football they are beibg fed by JFH.
                        Even the 2nd hslf of the Leeds game was negative and chances for QPR were very scarce. IIRC, the penalty was the 1st shot on target and Polter's goal the 2nd!
                        For the home team, that was poor.
                        Struggling against Swindon and losing at Barnsley probably put lots off from going.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Tbf seems yesterday was just a bad day at the office!

Barnsley we should have at least got a point but with some terrible decisions by the referee they just about kicked it. We shouldn't over react to yesterday's result just yet. If we can pick up 3 points from the next game which I think is Wigan then 9 points from 15 is a good start imo.
                          Seriously?
                          QPR were undone at Barnsley by 2 poor refereeing decisions, but overall, Barnsley thorougjly deserved the 3 points.
                          They had most of the play and chances.QPR hit the bar from a Chery free kick and scored 2 pens, but apart from that did nothing to threaten the Barnsley goal.
                          As for Preston being a bad day at the office, no. QPR have had more than a few if those under JFH, home and away.
                          The vast majority of his games have been dull. 9 wins from 34 matches speaks volumnes.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            As for Preston being a bad day at the office, no. QPR have had more than a few if those under JFH, home and away.
                            Really? Can only think of 3 games where we've been beaten by 2 or more goals under JFH (Brighton, Fulham and MK Dons)

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              I guess the fans are fed up with the dull negative football they are beibg fed by JFH.
                              Even the 2nd hslf of the Leeds game was negative and chances for QPR were very scarce. IIRC, the penalty was the 1st shot on target and Polter's goal the 2nd!
                              For the home team, that was poor.
                              Struggling against Swindon and losing at Barnsley probably put lots off from going.
                              Even finds fault with a 3-0 opening day of the season win. Unbelievable. Smh.

Comment

Decent first game when we led but Saturday when we went behind we seemed to revert back to the crappy way of play from last season. Looking back at things cannot help thinking that appointing JFH was a rush job and can we honestly say based on results and performances that he is worthy of extending his contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X