Our manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our manager

JFH should take the credit when we win and needs to take on the chin the crirtism when we lose, that's part of the job,Jimmy has brought in his own players so deserves time in the job,promoting him or sacking him before Christmas would be madness for the club,he is an intelligent man with bags of experience, he probably won't get us promoted this season but he deserves time to build HIS team,I'm not a fan of his BUT sacking managers at this club doesn't work,we do need to be patient,and accept that this might take a few years but promotion is the goal.if at Christmas we are near the bottom then YES,the club need to act,otherwise we should leave Jimmy in the job for this season anyway. I predict a 11th spot under him but can't see anyone else doing any bether with the squad we have.

I think the last line is the important one. I think he is doing the best possible job anyone could do, I think we are short of a striker and apparently a winger if jFH feels he has tpo play cousins out wide. Patience as you say is key.

Comment

Would be madness to sack him. I'm concerned by his decisions though. How Shodipo hasn't had a kick since the Leeds game is beyond me! Playing players out of position pisses me right off as does the #### poor excuse of blaming tiredness in our fourth game of the season!

Today was the perfect opportunity to freshen it up a little if that tiredness was evident and attack a Preston side short of confidence. Granted injuries meant we couldn't make wholesale changes but every man and his dog wanted Cousins in the middle of the park and Shodipo playing. Would that have made a difference today? Probably not, but the worry is, he's one of a few who didn't see the need to make that tweak.

I still predict a top 10 finish but I'm getting a tad bored with his negative approach, especially at home. Let's see what happens in the next 10 days and hopefully we can bolster the squad with a few attacking additions.

Comment

He's limited by the limited talent defined by the limitations the club has imposed based on FFP limitations. Ultimately we are a limited outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
          He's limited by the limited talent defined by the limitations the club has imposed based on FFP limitations. Ultimately we are a limited outfit.

Comment

Here we go !!
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Wasn't there today but by all accounts could hear a pin drop. Works both ways , get some vocal going and the lads might play . The lads play and the vocal starts ? Think we should be orrible from the off as supporters and be terrorising the northern shlaaggs from the first whistle approx 11am
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                Wasn't there today but by all accounts could hear a pin drop. Works both ways , get some vocal going and the lads might play . The lads play and the vocal starts ? Think we should be orrible from the off as supporters and be terrorising the northern shlaaggs from the first whistle approx 11am
                neither was I Van, reports I'm getting is a lot who were ST holders around where I normally sit have moved away and others simply haven't renewed. Some of the football on show it really isn't surprising. I was going to get a ST in October but will now just go when it suits. I tend to think the onus is on the players to create an atmosphere
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  I tend to think the onus is on the players to create an atmosphere
                  I know a talented but generally unknown band/folk pub singer and entertainer from Crouch End. The hardcore few of us that go to see her always clap loudly for every song. This encourages first time visitors to join in as well. This also emboldens her to adlib some of the words to her songs which injects humour and more appreciation from the audience. We both feed off each others input, and both sides always come away happy at the end of the show.

Not quite football but there is a parallel scenario of what can happen when you show loyal support.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    neither was I Van, reports I'm getting is a lot who were ST holders around where I normally sit have moved away and others simply haven't renewed. Some of the football on show it really isn't surprising. I was going to get a ST in October but will now just go when it suits. I tend to think the onus is on the players to create an atmosphere
                    I went for a ticket on Thursday in u/loft wanted a seat where my S/T was season before last want to see a couple of games before getting a S/T to judge if the dross had been finally eradicated was told U/L was members only so left it anyhow have been told big gaps all over , so yeah great move making it members only keeping people out when the demand isnt there

Comment

Was empty yesterday , terrible support.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I just wonder if we beat Barnsley midweek what attendance we would off got yesterday
                        You Rsssssss

Comment

Dunno H but I get the feeling people need a bit more time to be convinced the they arn't going to get served up the regular dose of #########
                          Come on adds what's wrong with calling dr@ssball dr@ssball
                          Last edited by dogsrrs; 21-08-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Maybe diehards want to turn up for the first home game and then go and take their holidays

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Was empty yesterday , terrible support.
                              Like our midfield

Comment

Working...
                              X