Corners....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corners....

Anyone as angry as me at those endless half a ssed waste of time short corners the team were pulling off in the second half??? Jesus Christ. R block was screaming at Nasser to, er, go away when he tried to offer the short corner at one stage.

Yes!! although I blame Chery as he started it. God they were annoying. Especially as Chery has scored after being in the box from corners. Was a waste of a man and also ball in was still poor.

Comment

I think JFH has been drilling them to play short corners in training. Trouble is the crowd pulled rank when it got too frustrating, leaving the players confused and in limbo for fear of drawing further wrath!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        JFH has been drilling them to play short corners in training. Trouble is the crowd pulled rank when it got too frustrating, leaving the players confused and in limbo for fear of drawing further wrath!
        Pulled rank Nasser was told to f ack off in no uncertain terms. Wish we could pull rank more often. I'd trust folk on here to pick the team tbh.

Comment

JFH has been drilling them to play short corners in training. Trouble is the crowd pulled rank when it got too frustrating, leaving the players confused and in limbo for fear of drawing further wrath!
          That is moronic, If you have no big men then that is when short corners should be player but other than that never. Two goals from regular corners this season because we have Polter, Ned and Caulker in the box.

Comment

He ####ed one up from the other side 2 mins before and still thought it was clever to try it again. Our corners summed up the whole performance.

Comment

We have very limited capability all through the side , tactically as well.

Comment

Yea they were odd. It was a short pass where Chery would then cross it in? Why not just take it, or let the other player take it and put it into the box? Weird. As mentioned, waste of a man who's then out of position when we inevitably don't win the ball.

Comment

am certain that has come down from JFH. someone needed to use their brain during the game to figure out it wernt working and to change it. Everyone to blame for that as JFH could have sent instructions to stop, the captain (dont get me start on him) or any other player really, got to take a bit of responsibility.

Comment

I think JFH has been drilling them to play short corners in training. Trouble is the crowd pulled rank when it got too frustrating, leaving the players confused and in limbo for fear of drawing further wrath!
                    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Pulled rank Nasser was told to f ack off in no uncertain terms. Wish we could pull rank more often. I'd trust folk on here to pick the team tbh.
                    That's certainly how it looked!

Comment

Im hoping that they only did those short ones saturday due to the fact Preston had a huge back line, cos ive been impressed with the corners in other games so far.

Comment

It old fashioned and some some won't like it but I have always been a fan of two types of corner. Hit the man in front post for the flick on or put it on the penalty spot and tell all your players to attack it

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          It old fashioned and some some won't like it but I have always been a fan of two types of corner. Hit the man in front post for the flick on or put it on the penalty spot and tell all your players to attack it
                          Nothing wrong with that Wests. Dont know the numbers but would imagine thats how the majoirty of corners are scored.

Comment

Normal service resumed. Both goals from Chery corners. Short ones saturday were due to the Preston back four being big old lumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Normal service resumed. Both goals from Chery corners. Short ones saturday were due to the Preston back four being big old lumps.
                              suppose it shows we do actually look at these things prior to facing an opponent.

Comment

Working...
                              X