No width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No width explained from our captain

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...wide-11791333?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
      Going to happen when you play a Centre Mid and a CAM in wide positions.

Jimmy to blame for this one.
      All of our recent managers have made a habit of fielding players out of position. Harry did it, Chris Ramsay did it and now JFH is up to the same thing. Some of it will be covering injuries, but I get the feeling that these managers first want to get their best 11 on the pitch and then worry about where they're going to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
        All of our recent managers have made a habit of fielding players out of position. Harry did it, Chris Ramsay did it and now JFH is up to the same thing. Some of it will be covering injuries, but I get the feeling that these managers first want to get their best 11 on the pitch and then worry about where they're going to play them.
        I get that philosophy, but only works if the 11 you select are flexible enough to work into the system. I dont feel like it currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          No width explained from our captain

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...wide-11791333?
          A couple of his quotes there won't sit well with some fans:

“it is not about performances it is about getting the results."

“The Cardiff game we defended well, didn’t attack that well, but still came away with the three points. If against Preston we had won 1-0 and played the same way I don’t think we’d have been as critical of the game as perhaps we will be now.”

Comment

I love the chief, seems like a good guy, but I do think it's time he moves on after this season for us to move forward.

He isn't a ball playing centre half like Grant Hall, and I think he is the problem when we try and play out from the back and build attacks. He isn't technically gifted enough to do what Hall does, so just launches it every time he gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              I love the chief, seems like a good guy, but I do think it's time he moves on after this season for us to move forward.

He isn't a ball playing centre half like Grant Hall, and I think he is the problem when we try and play out from the back and build attacks. He isn't technically gifted enough to do what Hall does, so just launches it every time he gets it.
              not according to nasser

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                not according to nasser
                Well he does play long balls but he also is the only one of the centre backs who actually drives into the opposition half regularly.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Ned launches it when no-one shows for the ball is another explanation

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    he also is the only one of the centre backs who actually drives into the opposition half regularly.
                    That's blatantly not true and shocking to read, coming from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      That's blatantly not true and a shocking thing to read, coming from you.
                      Totally disagree, watch the matches and you'll see Ned running forward with the ball fairly regularly, even beating a man directly from centre back, hence why only 5 centre backs last season made more dribbles past a player than him. He's an odd one as he plays like a full back in the middle whenever he gets the ball that way. He does launch it up often but that's because as Greengrass said, no one from our midfield shows for the ball that much, but he also drives forward to get into the opposition half and make things happen.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Totally disagree, watch the matches and you'll see Ned running forward with the ball fairly regularly, even beating a man directly from centre back, hence why only 5 centre backs last season made more dribbles past a player than him. He's an odd one as he plays like a full back in the middle whenever he gets the ball that way. He does launch it up often but that's because as Greengrass said, no one from our midfield shows for the ball that much, but he also drives forward to get into the opposition half and make things happen.
                        Hall makes the same kind of runs so it's untrue to say only Ned does. He also has more natural composure and ability on the ball. Hall is more of a natural footballer. Ned is more of an athlete. Why do you think he got his nickname Nervous Ned?

Comment

That's blatantly not true and a shocking thing to read, coming from you.
                          Was going to put the exact same thing Stan. Absolute tosh - Tuesday was exhibit A of this. Grant Hall does it, Ned doesn't...

I just cannot entertain or reply directly to Nasser anymore, because it's painful.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Was going to put the exact same thing Stan. Absolute tosh - Tuesday was exhibit A of this. Grant Hall does it, Ned doesn't...

I just cannot entertain or reply directly to Nasser anymore, because it's painful.
                            Then block me, stop telling a story of how painful it is and just don't entertain them. And yes, Hall did it on tuesday but the regularity with which he does it isn't near the regularity with which Ned has done it. I think both of them are composed on the ball, but Hall looks more composed because of the way he moves, while Ned just is composed but doesn't look it (Similar to Mamadou Sakho). In any case, not trying to bash Hall, but when someone says Ned isn't "technically gifted" like Hall is, I think Bowlarks.

Just as proof, Onuoha playing as a Centre Back last season had a better pass success rate than Grant Hall and they both played the exact same amount of long balls per game (7.2 for anyone interested) so people saying Ned just likes to lob it up, well the players around him do it too, but people ignore that fact and just blast the Chief because they see what they want to see.

Comment

Hall makes the same kind of runs so it's untrue to say only Ned does. He also has more natural composure and ability on the ball. Hall is more of a natural footballer. Ned is more of an athlete. Why do you think he got his nickname Nervous Ned?
                              As I said, the nickname is down to the fact that his body shape which as you say is that of an athlete, looks uncomfortable on the ball when in reality he's not uncomfortable on it... He's just as competent on the ball as our other defenders yet gets marked out because of how it looks.

Comment

Then block me, stop telling a story of how painful it is and just don't entertain them. And yes, Hall did it on tuesday but the regularity with which he does it isn't near the regularity with which Ned has done it. I think both of them are composed on the ball, but Hall looks more composed because of the way he moves, while Ned just is composed but doesn't look it (Similar to Mamadou Sakho). In any case, not trying to bash Hall, but when someone says Ned isn't "technically gifted" like Hall is, I think Bowlarks.

Just as proof, Onuoha playing as a Centre Back last season had a better pass success rate than Grant Hall and they both played the exact same amount of long balls per game (7.2 for anyone interested) so people saying Ned just likes to lob it up, well the players around him do it too, but people ignore that fact and just blast the Chief because they see what they want to see.
                                It's like arguing with someone who is colour blind, over the colour of a wall.

It's quite blatantly white, everyone knows its white but the colour blind man says it's green.

You have a differing opinion to the majority on near enough every topic, does this not tell you something......

Comment

Working...
                                X