No announcement yet.

JFH slams referee for poor decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ref was awful to both sides especially us in the first half and I think he tried to even it out a little in the second but the Barnsley fans were on his back as well so just have to put it down as him having a bad game all round

Comment

Not one ref has ever admitted it, but do you think they do try to even up sometimes?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
        Not one ref has ever admitted it, but do you think they do try to even up sometimes?
        That ref could of had dosh on Barnsley... Just saying...

I've always wondered this about refs. So much power and authority - They can single handily decide a game themselves in whichever way they want.
        And you can't tell me there aren't a few rotten apples out there...

Comment

I remember something about this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_I...otball_scandal

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            That ref could of had dosh on Barnsley... Just saying...

I've always wondered this about refs. So much power and authority - They can single handily decide a game themselves in whichever way they want.
            And you can't tell me there aren't a few rotten apples out there...
            His name was Bond, and they were expecting him...

Comment

Think I said before Barnsley that getting to the top is one thing, staying there quite another. Everyone wants a piece off the top of the tree. Good learning curve for JFH.

I seriously hope he had something to say behind closed doors because a couple of ours deserved a wee word.....

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                The Ref was awful to both sides especially us in the first half and I think he tried to even it out a little in the second but the Barnsley fans were on his back as well so just have to put it down as him having a bad game all round
                He didn't have a great game but I wouldn't blame him for any of the goals we conceded. One was a great free kick, the other two poor defending.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                  He didn't have a great game but I wouldn't blame him for any of the goals we conceded. One was a great free kick, the other two poor defending.
                  seems like the free kick shouldn't have been given.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Barnsley rattled and out-pressured us and only a few have accepted they are a good team it seems. They know what they're doing, we're still in the novice stage, with better to come probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                      Barnsley rattled and out-pressured us and only a few have accepted they are a good team it seems. They know what they're doing, we're still in the novice stage, with better to come probably.
                      They're definitely a good team without a doubt, esp at home. But there's still some difficulty in accepting defeat to that cheap free kick. We'll obviously move on.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        This is true, but I can kind of understand his frustration though...
                        This is why managers should not speak to the press after a game. They can commrnt when they have had a night's sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          This is why managers should not speak to the press after a game. They can commrnt when they have had a night's sleep.
                          Isn't he contractually obliged to?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Isn't he contractually obliged to?
                            Other managers have refused to speak after games and sometimes send someone else out instead.

Comment

If refs are such a deciding factor in a results industry why not modernise the way decisions are reached. Clearly human bias can skew results just look at Olympic boxing judges.

I think JFH is just saving his ire for the players behind closed doors. Blame the ref is the cliche interview.

I watch a lot of Test Cricket and at least there is some sort of fail safe with video reference, even rugby uses technology. Football is in the dark ages in comparison. The reason is money. Profit masks performance...'as long as we're making money, why change it?'

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                                The freekick he gave for their 2nd was a joke. The bloke was on his way down before Luongo got near him. We should have had a few freekicks in the 1st half which were much more obvious then the one for their 2nd goal. And when it happens so soon after he's given us a 2nd penalty to take the lead away from home, people will naturally ask questions

Comment

Working...
                                X