JFH slams referee for poor decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH slams referee for poor decisions

Hasselbaink told BBC Radio London: "If the referee is going to give those kind of decisions then I don't think he is fit enough to whistle in the Championship. Certain decisions were ridiculous. It was like the Wild Wild West out there."

Having led 2-1, Hasselbaink was unhappy the Tykes were awarded a free-kick which led to their equaliser and felt there was an infringement in the build-up to Josh Scowen's late winner.

"It was a very soft free-kick because for the whole game he hasn't given those kind of free-kicks. If that was a push, then why was the third goal not a push? That is what I don't understand. The players are working hard and it has been taken away by a silly decision."

Hasselbaink believes Bond's performance will not encourage players to show more respect to match officials.

"We are all saying we need to protect the referee and players are not allowed to surround them. It is because of referees like this that it happens. He makes it bad for other referees - the good ones. I am sorry for the fans that we had to lose in this manner. It wasn't meant to be for us to get the three points because of two referee's decisions."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37118036

Oh dear jimmy, sounding like redchap, not good to read
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Have to agree. Everyone and their dog knows there will always be bad decisions made by some refs and by calling them out in this manner is not going to be helpful. I guess this is a part of JFH's learning curve.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Have to agree. Everyone and their dog knows there will always be bad decisions made by some refs and by calling them out in this manner is not going to be helpful. I guess this is a part of JFH's learning curve.
        This is true, but I can kind of understand his frustration though...

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          I agree,actually surprised by Jimmy 's after match comments,I guessed he'd say we failed to hold onto our lead and lost concentration at the last moment to lose the game,but we will learn from it,instead he blamed the ref

Comment

the last goal was down to grant hall , he needs to be big and strong and head that ball out. he had plenty of time to see it and the fella next to him

Comment

To be fair it did sound like Barnsley were better than us, I mean we won two penalties, scored both and still lost.

All 3 goals scored by them were good, the better team on the day won.

Comment

Sounds like players agree with JFH given comments on official. Oh well into next one. We can judge us properly after 10 league games I reckon. Would love to beat rochdale and have little cup run

Comment

jimmy sounding like warnock, great to hear.

Comment

He's a winner and he's bitter about losing. He was interviewed in the heat of the moment and he's protecting his players by ripping into the ref. To be honest I'd be more pissed off if he just rolled over and accepted it. Fergie used to use the tactic of deflecting blame away from his players and it didn't do them any harm. A lot of the top coaches/managers do it. Got no problem with what he said

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                      He's a winner and he's bitter about losing. He was interviewed in the heat of the moment and he's protecting his players by ripping into the ref. To be honest I'd be more pissed off if he just rolled over and accepted it. Fergie used to use the tactic of deflecting blame away from his players and it didn't do them any harm. A lot of the top coaches/managers do it. Got no problem with what he said
                      Exactly !

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        This - was my first thought too.

Comment

JFH is a winner

Comment

When I saw the last goal my immediate thought was 'foul' but ah well, I like to think decisions even themselves out over the season.

It was Barnsley's cup final, and they'll be many more teams like them who will also treat us as a cup final.

Comment

They could be looking for more than that this season!

Comment

Working...
                              X