Set Pieces, penalties...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Only in England do fans celebrate winning a corner. That was something I learnt reading "The Numbers Game". The chances of accomplishing anything from a corner are so limited in the long run compared to other chances that not many fans celebrate it as much as we do. Getting into the box, keeping the ball in play, taking chances and being efficient are all more important than winning corners.
    Seeing the fact that you believe not winning enough corners is suggesting that we aren't as creative or as forward thinking as we should be is quite odd to me and I'm really unable to comprehend that idea...
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    You must be joking if you think I mean celebrating corners.
    Winning corners is a sign of attacking teams and right now QPRdo not do that well, not even at home.
    As others have pointed out about the team selection today.
    No need for Henry as an extra defensive midfielder. QPR shoild be set uo to attack sides like Preston. Instead we see a trio of Henry Cousins and Luongo and the team is set up to play a 433 or 451 formation.
    also, corners are often won by having a shot saved by the keeper which is why they are applauded and part of the reason why so few ate won by QPR is because the shootibg is sub standard or the plsyets are not getting into shooting positions.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      What the...
      The football now is crap.
      Did you not watch QPR in the past?

I was brought up on watching them play football by attacking teams not sitting back playing pas the ball backwards and sideways for 70% of the game.
      How many shots on target, how many chances created, corners won etc nowadays. where's the excitement. Ask any neutrals watching on tv what they think of the match or QPRs play and they will nearly always say boring or negative. Read any match reports and tgey will mostly say the game was dull bereft of chances etc.
      You wrote ytat before todays awful game.
      3-0
      0-2
      3-2

And you don't like watching that?
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-08-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X