No announcement yet.

Set Pieces, penalties...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of our goals came from penalties in the title winning season too. Goals are goals. Doesn't matter where they come from.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by qprmarc View Post
      Concerned that the majority of our goals this season have come from the penalty spot and we haven't scored many from open play. I know polter has improved his game and his link up play is good , but he's not got the goals in him to get us promoted. We desperately need another striker such as bamford or Nakhi wells. Stop messing around and spend big on either of these two and it will near enough gurantee a play off spot at least. Even get rid of Washington to help fund the move as I think the championship is a league too far for Conor.
      2 wins from 3, a 1st round cup win, scoring 2 goals from open play in it and you're concerned... Wow. I swear it's only at Rangers where fans are still concerned when things are going so well...

Comment

A goal is a goal, nothing to see here
        From the Hills of Kerry
        To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
          Stanley for manager - all of this is spot on and I'm not giving you too much credit mate because it's all blindingly obvious The OP needs a reality check as Ginge says, as corroborated by Nas the Stat, winning 4 penalties already this season indicates the mentality we have and is far from an issue to be concerned with
          I was asking a question and asking to hear opinions? I've only been to Leeds and Swindon so was hoping to hear others point of views... Maybe read the original post?
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

We scored from open play v Swindon, the Ngbakoto strike was a beautifully worked goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              We scored from open play v Swindon, the Ngbakoto strike was a beautifully worked goal.
              Same as the CW goal.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We've only played one league game at home, so we should wait and see. We had no idea how Leeds were going to play and normally teams playing away from home an more defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Quite a few on here doesn´t seem to understand that....
                  I do actually understand that.
                  My concern is that QPR do not attack enough. Yes,they won penalties by getting into the oppositions area., but they Dont to this often.
                  against Leeds they rarely go into the box in tbe 2nd half and by the looks of thing not often at Cardiff or Barnsley. fair play to JFH and the players who now seem to get into a position where they get fouled but can they do it with more frequency.

As for their shooting, perhaps they need to work harder on acaccuracys most seem to be off target. Although I acknwledge that they have hit the woodwork on a number of occasions.

For the poster who said Barnsley having longer to adapt their game, what utter nonsense.
                  They were in the bottom 3 in January when they appointed a new manager Johnson, now at Bristol City, JFH has been at QPR since December. It just seem that their managers and players have adapted a lot quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    I do actually understand that.
                    My concern is that QPR do not attack enough. Yes,they won penalties by getting into the oppositions area., but they Dont to this often.
                    against Leeds they rarely go into the box in tbe 2nd half and by the looks of thing not often at Cardiff or Barnsley. fair play to JFH and the players who now seem to get into a position where they get fouled but can they do it with more frequency.

As for their shooting, perhaps they need to work harder on acaccuracys most seem to be off target. Although I acknwledge that they have hit the woodwork on a number of occasions.

For the poster who said Barnsley having longer to adapt their game, what utter nonsense.
                    They were in the bottom 3 in January when they appointed a new manager Johnson, now at Bristol City, JFH has been at QPR since December. It just seem that their managers and players have adapted a lot quicker.
                    Ok, Stanistheman. But I think it only quite recently that every single player at QPR have showed a real desire to play for the badge. I mean if you compare us with Barsley. I don`t think they have had characters like Sandro, Jet (and Phillips who desperatly wanted a move away) to deal with in their squad . IMO, that`s why I think JFH must be judged on what he acheives this season. The players aswell, offcourse. Make no mistake like you inply there seem to be a lot of issues to adress with regards to how you want us to play and perform. Poor finishing seems to be one of them
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

I also find the fact that QPR won just a solitary corner in 2 away games a bit concerning as it probably shows a lack of attacking intent.

I can't recall a QPR team winning so few corners. QPR's teams that got relegated won more corners at places like Chelsea Arsenal Man C Man U and Liverpool.

The way QPR are playing seems more like tha team that is trying to 'steal' rather than 'win' the game.

I don't enjoy watching this type of game as it encourages more results like the Barnsley one.
                      Last edited by stanistheman; 20-08-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

If you dont enjoy watching us now you never ever will imho.

Comment

I also find the fact that QPR won just a solitary corner in 2 away games a bit concerning as it probably shows a lack of attacking intent.

I can't recall a QPR team winning so few corners. QPR's teams that got relegated won more corners at places like Chelsea Arsenal Man C Man U and Liverpool.

The way QPR are playing seems more like tha team that is trying to 'steal' rather than 'win' the game.

I don't enjoy watching this type of game as it encourages more results like the Barnsley one.
                          I guess JFH is still trying to find the right balance in the team(and the ideal way of playing.) Hence, we still have to wait for the finish article, if you know what I mean...?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Only in England do fans celebrate winning a corner. That was something I learnt reading "The Numbers Game". The chances of accomplishing anything from a corner are so limited in the long run compared to other chances that not many fans celebrate it as much as we do. Getting into the box, keeping the ball in play, taking chances and being efficient are all more important than winning corners.
                            Seeing the fact that you believe not winning enough corners is suggesting that we aren't as creative or as forward thinking as we should be is quite odd to me and I'm really unable to comprehend that idea...
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              If you dont enjoy watching us now you never ever will imho.
                              What the...
                              The football now is crap.
                              Did you not watch QPR in the past?

I was brought up on watching them play football by attacking teams not sitting back playing pas the ball backwards and sideways for 70% of the game.
                              How many shots on target, how many chances created, corners won etc nowadays. where's the excitement. Ask any neutrals watching on tv what they think of the match or QPRs play and they will nearly always say boring or negative. Read any match reports and tgey will mostly say the game was dull bereft of chances etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Only in England do fans celebrate winning a corner. That was something I learnt reading "The Numbers Game". The chances of accomplishing anything from a corner are so limited in the long run compared to other chances that not many fans celebrate it as much as we do. Getting into the box, keeping the ball in play, taking chances and being efficient are all more important than winning corners.
                                Seeing the fact that you believe not winning enough corners is suggesting that we aren't as creative or as forward thinking as we should be is quite odd to me and I'm really unable to comprehend that idea...
                                You must be joking if you think I mean celebrating corners.
                                Winning corners is a sign of attacking teams and right now QPRdo not do that well, not even at home.
                                As others have pointed out about the team selection today.
                                No need for Henry as an extra defensive midfielder. QPR shoild be set uo to attack sides like Preston. Instead we see a trio of Henry Cousins and Luongo and the team is set up to play a 433 or 451 formation.

Comment

Working...
                                X