No announcement yet.

Set Pieces, penalties...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree apart from the get rid of Conor, first we need at least 3 senior strikers ,at the moment we have only 2,secondly we wouldn't get back the money we paid for him but most importantly I wouldn't write him off quite yet,he may still come good

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      Polters goal against Leeds didn't come from a setpiece or did it?
      Already had this point, but Polter's goal came from an Onuoha free kick in the last minute. There was one touch after the free kick before the goal so technically it is a set piece goal.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Also, people don't see a correlation between creativity and penalty winning? If you're winning penalties, you're getting into dangerous positions through creativity...
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass
          Out of curiosity, who says so?
          whoscored.com have it listed as a set piece goal, their data is from Opta so yea... Opta I guess.

Comment

Bloody hell who cares how we score? We scored loads of pens during our promotion season. We are only 3 games in and we've scored 7 league goals. Not bad for a team that many experts on here predicted would struggle for goals. We also hit the post twice against leeds(both from open play) and the woodwork again last night. I'm sure if we give it more than 270 minutes the goals from Brazilian style open play will flow. I seem to remember people pointing out that we never scored from corners and set pieces before, can't win.

Comment

Nasser, do you know how many set pieces goals we scored last season? As can't remember us being very good from corners or free kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                Nasser, do you know how many set pieces goals we scored last season? As can't remember us being very good from corners or free kicks.
                So we actually scored 15 set piece goals (remember Faurlin got all but one assist from corners) as well as 3 penalties. This season we're already on 3 set piece goals and 4 penalties.

Comment

Getting penalties is a sign that we are causing danger when attacking. Have all been stonewallers. Not a concern for me.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    I think you need to understand Stan that this team is a work in progress, it's no-where near the finished article - JFH has made no secret of the fact he wants us to control games more and be more attacking, and that he wants to bring a couple more attacking players into the club to help us with this.

To control games you need to start with being solid and have foundations in place. He has done that IMO, and that is the stage we are currently at.
                    A few more players in through the door and we'll be closer to the finished article.

Quite a few on here doesn´t seem to understand that....
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      Getting penalties is a sign that we are causing danger when attacking. Have all been stonewallers. Not a concern for me.
                      Chery and Polter are forming a lethal partnership...

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Also, people don't see a correlation between creativity and penalty winning? If you're winning penalties, you're getting into dangerous positions through creativity...
                        Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        Exactly. We're definitely creating chances. The problem with the 1st half last night is that Luongo and Henry were both playing deep and thus Chery was getting starved of possession and Polter was getting isolated.

JFH slightly rectified this in the 2nd half but for me Cousins is wasted on the right. You get the best from him in the middle, therefore I'd bring him in for Henry. Even when he's on the right he still kept drifting inside, so we had no width at all. Yeni needs to play on the right (his best position) and Mide needs to return on the left to give the team better shape and balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Exactly. We're definitely creating chances. The problem with the 1st half last night is that Luongo and Henry were both playing deep and thus Chery was getting starved of possession and Polter was getting isolated.

JFH slightly rectified this in the 2nd half but for me Cousins is wasted on the right. You get the best from him in the middle, therefore I'd bring him in for Henry. Even when he's on the right he still kept drifting inside, so we had no width at all. Yeni needs to play on the right (his best position) and Mide needs to return on the left to give the team better shape and balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            I agree apart from the get rid of Conor, first we need at least 3 senior strikers ,at the moment we have only 2,secondly we wouldn't get back the money we paid for him but most importantly I wouldn't write him off quite yet,he may still come good
                            Agree with that rebel

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              So we actually scored 15 set piece goals (remember Faurlin got all but one assist from corners) as well as 3 penalties. This season we're already on 3 set piece goals and 4 penalties.
                              Wow surprised we scored that many from set pieces, but remember we hardly got any penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Stanley for manager - all of this is spot on and I'm not giving you too much credit mate because it's all blindingly obvious The OP needs a reality check as Ginge says, as corroborated by Nas the Stat, winning 4 penalties already this season indicates the mentality we have and is far from an issue to be concerned with
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X