JFH's emphasis on fitness - very important element for success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH's emphasis on fitness - very important element for success

As far as have read, JFH emphaises an inccredibly tough fitness element to training standards and that he places great emphasis on this aspect of the game.

So first two games - four goals in the last twenty minutes.

Ie while other sides fade we come into our own.

Sounds encouraging development.

Maybe he will not be making an approach for Mr Taraabt then perhaps.

Looking at the guy also, he could probably still be an impact sub himself !!!!

The ability to press for 90 mins and keep going is worth its weight in gold and absolutely demoralising for the opposition. The amount of clubs that can do this is so small, which I find staggering as the benefits are huge.

It's great to see after the shambles we've had to put up with in recent years and it will definitely improve results.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      The ability to press for 90 mins and keep going is worth its weight in gold and absolutely demoralising for the opposition. The amount of clubs that can do this is so small, which I find staggering as the benefits are huge.

It's great to see after the shambles we've had to put up with in recent years and it will definitely improve results.
      Agree with this, it will win us most games and pick up massive points.

This is exactly what I wanted, so happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Completely agree, fitness is so so important and under Harry we were a shower. Just hope we can continue with this and put some of the lesser teams to the sword
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

And so noticeable. Against Leeds we looked fantastically fit. Yesterday at Cardiff we didn't play like Brazil granted, but always a tough away day, and we managed to grind out the result, again down to our fitness, pressing and defence.

Comment

Thank god we've got jimmys ethos at the club. It's so bloody obvious that you need to be fit to be consistent and to play football at a high level. We've been a shambles fitness wise for years, under redknapp we were a joke.

Comment

Footballers are paid an absolute fortune. At least under JFH they're actually EARNING it.

Comment

Hopefully it will stop us conceding the very late goals that always seemed to happen.

Comment

On the face of it we have it dead right at the mo'.......... However, going forwards I hope they've not overdone the training and start breaking down with various strains, pulls and tears. It does look like we have found the correct balance between strength, power, fitness, speed and robustness but there is still a grind of 44 games, muddy pitches and cold weather to come - I do think most players look the part with the sun on their backs so lets have a look in a month or two but I'm very hopeful JFH has this aspect nicely nailed down and we'll not lose matches due to being outworked.

Comment

It does also appear that the big amount of injuries we used to get was probably down to players not being fit in the first place maybe! complete breath of fresh air now, and to actually look forward to our games again is great, even if we are only couple of games in!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

It is all well and good so far absolutely.

But I am as always through many many years of supporting this great club, we can seem like we have finally got it cracked and I am as blinded by good form as every other supporter.

And when I have started predicting great things suddenly we will put in a dreadful performance out of nowhere and then suddenly I start doubting again like everyone else until the next couple of great results and performances.

So far so good - However we are QPR - we all know the score - but absolutely generally first couple of games of a season in recent years we have been abysmal.

It looks good so far, but every flipping thing is crossed that we can show long term consistency.

I hope rather than expect.

Comment

It's also about the recruitment policy and training marrying up. Les switched to recruiting young ambitious players before JFH arrived. JFH wants players who can run and run and press...these two aims fit and that's why players like Clint and Ali Faurlin were let go - they couldn't have performed at the level of fitness that JFH wants.

Comment

I fully tip us to be up there eventually in the coming seasons under JFH, a couple more transfer windows should do it for me.

Defensively solid looking and physically fit so far, just need to control games with our attacking instinct a little more for me and we'll be up there, I think a few more attacking signing and we'll start to do this.

Comment

Working...
                          X