Set Pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Theres a difference diving is cheating. Getting into a position where the defender has no choice but bring you down is what we call professional penalties . IMO
    Hmmm not sure our two were getting into a position where the defender had no choice but to bring them down?

Cousins was running at speed and got wiped clean out, cutting into the box.

Polter spun his man and got bundled into and fallen on top of.

Comment

The penalties were as said professional penalties. We made sure that if they put their foot in at all, they'd be bringing the player down. That's the idea of putting the body in between the player and the ball. Not dives, definite fouls and intelligent play.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Clear 100% pens, both of them. True what Nas says about us 'forcing' them tho. Cousins waits to be uprooted by bloke flying in from behind, defo pen and Polts moving the ball too quick for defender and taking the contact, again defo pen. It's good awareness from both players knowing if they put themselves in a postion to get booted we will get rewarded.

Comment

Working...
        X