Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest on Chery (good lad)

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/c...w-qpr-contract

That is very good news. A lovely player.

Comment

Who wouldn't like a pay rise haha.

Good news though - £8m easily.

Comment

Smashing news....but if someone was to offer 15m now ?

Comment

give him a rise today , it's going to be a big season for him

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Smashing news....but if someone was to offer 15m now ?
            Then we would accept it.

Comment

Really pleased by this. Was basically a bit part player at the start of last season and prone to a sulk. Great to see Jimmy getting the best out of him and even better to see he's happy and enjoying being at club!

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Then we would accept it.
                Agreed, Chery is fantastic and looks like he cares about the club but 15 mil is a no brainer, especially at his age. Few other players we could go for from Netherlands who are younger and can also develop to have as big an influence as he does right now at a much lower price. If we're gonna be the club that buys low and sells high, this would be the sort of deal we'd have to accept to show clubs that we're open for business at the right price.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Agreed, Chery is fantastic and looks like he cares about the club but 15 mil is a no brainer, especially at his age. Few other players we could go for from Netherlands who are younger and can also develop to have as big an influence as he does right now at a much lower price. If we're gonna be the club that buys low and sells high, this would be the sort of deal we'd have to accept to show clubs that we're open for business at the right price.
                  would a club really offer £15m for Chery? I don't think so.

However, i would offer him a new deal now in the hope that he signs it, just in case clubs do come sniffing in Januarym when he would have 18months left on his deal and clubs offer between £4-7m for him knowing he doesnt have long left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    would a club really offer £15m for Chery? I don't think so.

However, i would offer him a new deal now in the hope that he signs it, just in case clubs do come sniffing in Januarym when he would have 18months left on his deal and clubs offer between £4-7m for him knowing he doesnt have long left on his contract.
                    I'm just saying if they did, as the question asked... Incidentally what would be the minimum people would accept for him right now, not considering a contract extension. In April, Transfermarkt valued him at £3.40 mil, they usually have very conservative values. Personally, with 2 years left on his contract, I'd say nothing less than 9 or 10 mil.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think we would accept £15m for Chery, a player we signed for about £2m would represent good business.

However I would look to nail him down to a new contract on better terms NOW. He's proven he can cut it at this level and score goals from Midfield, IMO as he's settled he has been improving and still got more to go. A new contract will stop him going for peanuts at the end of season when he's down to his last year and we get derisory offers ala Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        I'm just saying if they did, as the question asked... Incidentally what would be the minimum people would accept for him right now, not considering a contract extension. In April, Transfermarkt valued him at £3.40 mil, they usually have very conservative values. Personally, with 2 years left on his contract, I'd say nothing less than 9 or 10 mil.
                        £12-15m. Prices gone stupid over the summer and this kid can play a bit.

Comment

aint no1 paying 10 million for him based on a dozen or so decent performances. Perhaps a different situation come January, but not now.

Comment

talk citeh would listen to offers in the region of £20m for Hart, absolute crazy whats going on in the transfer market. If that's the going rate, then £15m for Chery is not so daft
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                              talk citeh would listen to offers in the region of £20m for Hart, absolute crazy whats going on in the transfer market. If that's the going rate, then £15m for Chery is not so daft
                              You think 20 mil for hart is expensive?

Comment

Working...
                              X