No announcement yet.

Jimmy and his contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play-offs/promotion doens't really bother me for this season, and I know quite a few others feel the same.

This season is a free hit for me, play with freedom and enjoyment, continuing to build and grow this young team, made from peanuts!

We aren't going to win every game by any stretch but we'll still be giving it our all on our 'off' days, and hopefully get somewhere around 8th!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      One of them weren't me pal.
      Me neither.

I don't think it's too early at all to be talking about a longer contract. Get him signed up for 2 or 3 years!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Doesn't his contract expire before the end of the season?
        Nas, isn't a rolling 12 month contract self-explanatory?

I suspect it's about 3 months longer than 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Ha ha

Go on Nas, give us the statistical analysis on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            Who are they? Who are they? Who are they...
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ghlight=jfhout

Fill yer boots, it really is a thoroughly damn good read mucker.

Comment

Well what a change of tune from quite a few guys who were slagging him off last season. As I said soon after his appointment and the slagging started "give the guy a chance"
              Go to to-days Daily Mail page 70 and see the report on the Cardiff game and the words written about JFH

Comment

I'm really confused right now, I might be missing the timeline but he signed on in December, so the annual rolling contract would expire in December wouldn't it? Unless he extended in the summer... but I don't recall that... I could be wrong but yea, I thought his contract expires in december.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'm really confused right now, I might be missing the timeline but he signed on in December, so the annual rolling contract would expire in December wouldn't it? Unless he extended in the summer... but I don't recall that... I could be wrong but yea, I thought his contract expires in december.
                  His 1st contract would have been until the end of the season and then it gets renewed each summer. Not very logical to have a manger's contract expiring midway through a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

See a few have changed their tune and others have gone very quiet. It's almost as if they are disappointed

Comment

No mate. It's a rolling 12 month contract.

Basically it means that at any given moment, he has 12 months left to run. Therefore, it'll only ever cost the club a maximum of 12 months salary if we get rid of him due to giving us false hope etc., On the flip side, it probably means we would also get less compensation if Newcastle want him to replace Rafa.

Just simplifies things really.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                        See a few have changed their tune and others have gone very quiet. It's almost as if they are disappointed
                        The transformation that has taken place at our club since he arrived has been quite incredible.

It appears that all the hard work, tough decisions and general common sense is starting to reap rewards.

I have to say it's not just him though. The blokes that hired him should take their share of the blame too.

Comment

No mate. It's a rolling 12 month contract.

Basically it means that at any given moment, he has 12 months left to run. Therefore, it'll only ever cost the club a maximum of 12 months salary if we get rid of him due to giving us false hope etc., On the flip side, it probably means we would also get less compensation if Newcastle want him to replace Rafa.

Just simplifies things really.
                          not my understanding of how it works.

- His first season in, he gets a contract till the end of the season.
                          - Every other season he gets a 12 month contract at the end of the season to take us into the next.

If someone wants him, they either meet our compensation requirements or wait until the end of the season.

If we sack him, we pay him up the remainder of the 12 months left.

Pretty simple, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Cant be bothered to go through it all, but first couple of pages:
                            Steve, Rich, Maidstone hang your heads in shame you mugs

Hitman slating Les and plenty agreeing. Big Bad Les was ruining the club apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              His 1st contract would have been until the end of the season and then it gets renewed each summer. Not very logical to have a manger's contract expiring midway through a season.
                              Ok yea this makes more sense to me, cheers mate
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                                not my understanding of how it works.

- His first season in, he gets a contract till the end of the season.
                                - Every other season he gets a 12 month contract at the end of the season to take us into the next.

If someone wants him, they either meet our compensation requirements or wait until the end of the season.

If we sack him, we pay him up the remainder of the 12 months left.

Pretty simple, no?
                                and he could wave bye at the end of contract

Comment

Working...
                                X