Newcastle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    How old is he now? so 3 great seasons for liverpool doesnt mean hes world class nas! you could of stuck paul furlong there and he would of got loads of goals and had a few great seasons maybe, and it wouldnt mean furrs would of been world class!
    He's 32 right now... I really don't get your point, he captained Atletico in his youth and was one of their best ever players, he's considered to be one of the best strikers liverpool has had in decades and in 2008 he was came 3rd in the Ballon d'or and a year later he was 11th and both years he made the FIFPro Team of the Year. He won the golden boot at the 2012 Euros, won UEFA player of the year in 2008, got into the UEFA team of the year that year too. I just don't get how he couldn't have been considered world class. Countless professionals rate him as the most difficult striker they've come up against and with good reason, when he wasn't injured, he was the best there was in terms of pure striker, by quite a distance too.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
    X