Newcastle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newcastle....

It`s good to see them lose again yesterday after that £42 million theyve spent aswell (even though theyve sold nearly that much!) but good to see its not going to be a walkover for them, havnt looked at the table but bet there bottom, but suppose two games isnt the real reflection yet
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

it's good that money doesn't buy success everytime .thats why it was so good that the foxes won the PL. look at city and utd splashing the cash with the bluenoses to follow , makes it so hard for the smaller clubs . i hope newcastle finish mid table this season they will find it hard as it will be everyones cup final going their

Comment

Yeah agree there 72, was great to see leicester win it & also think cos these teams spend soo much arrogance seems to have got the best of them, hence chelseas poor season last season, its a nice kick up the arris of these arrogant teams that are spending big, just hope it happens again this season & one of the smaller teams comes through and surprises everyone again, its good for football
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I didn't understand why everyone was saying Newcastle will walk away before the season started.

We know more than anyone else that money don't always buy success in football, this is the Championship and it's tougher than the teams coming down expect.

If Newcastle don't get going quick, they'll be in big trouble. Closing down sale like not even we've seen before.

Comment

52000 turned up thinking they were gonna smash Town

Comment

As i said in another thread - a good squad on paper for this level, but its pretty much a bunch of strangers chucked together in one transfer window.
            Their margin for error in the next few games is very slim now as the fans will get on the players backs if this form keeps up.

Comment

The only side I can see walking away with league is Norwich. I'm not convinced Newcastle or Villa will go up unlike the pundits

Comment

Early days......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Early days......
                  Very much, but first 10 or so games usually set the pattern for the rest of your season.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                    Very much, but first 10 or so games usually set the pattern for the rest of your season.
                    Oh sure, Norths. Think even the first two provide some kind of guide. Which is why Cardiff is very important today.

Comment

As i said in another thread - a good squad on paper for this level, but its pretty much a bunch of strangers chucked together in one transfer window.
                      Their margin for error in the next few games is very slim now as the fans will get on the players backs if this form keeps up.
                      We've been there before so that's why I had a feeling this would happen. If results continue like they are now then it will be a QPR Mk II, players will give up and not play and players will sit out their contracts if wages are good.

If they can get the players to gel quick then everyone will have to watch out!

Comment

Exactly 77.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          The only side I can see walking away with league is Norwich. I'm not convinced Newcastle or Villa will go up unlike the pundits
                          That was my thouhgts as welll west, but you should of seen how shite they were yesterday (booed off the pitch). Dont think anyones going to win it comfortably now.

Comment

When a team presses, it makes the other team look crap as they're second to every ball, and not much possession, which agitates supporters, even more if you lose. We've been there as well when supposedly weaker teams did it to us with exactly the same end results of unrest and booing. So-called fans get on the players backs during the game which helps the other team.

Well now it will be us doing the pressing and upsetting mostly all teams, so happy days and points ahead to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                              When a team presses, it makes the other team look crap as they're second to every ball, and not much possession, which agitates supporters, even more if you lose. We've been there as well when supposedly weaker teams did it to us with exactly the same end results of unrest and booing. So-called fans get on the players backs during the game which helps the other team.

Well now it will be us doing the pressing and upsetting mostly all teams, so happy days and points ahead to come.
                              I hope we get people praising our performances instead of saying the opposition was poor like I saw a lot of people do in the Leeds game
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X