Chery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chery

Some weeks ago I wrote a post about the R's offering only 3 year contracts to new players. My reasoning was, and still is, that a 3 year contract is too short to make a good profit from a player that is showing signs of making it big. Well, the board is having the first headache in this regard and its Chery. The way he is playing have attracted interest from the Premier. At the end of this season he will have only a year of his 3 year contract remaining and our hands will be well tied. Will we sell on the cheap; let the contract run down; offer him new contract and if he refuse? Its on the news that the R's are contemplating of offering him an extention. I assume that these new players are not on huge salaries, so a four year contract will not send us to the walls.

We might all be wanting rid of him by Christmas.😀

Comment

I am wondering if we have an option on the 4th year?
      However the club is in a catch 22 situation, if we gave him a 5 year contract and he turned out not to fit within English football we will be paying a big contract up !! I believe he cost us £2.5 million... so worse case like Austin if we get back what we paid then it still means the club isn't wasting millions !!

Comment

I accept he is not getting any younger as by the end of his contract he will be 29 years old. However, we are not paying 40k or 50k anymore so a bit of a gamble will not harm the club. After all, I am sure that we are after the right sorts now. Hall, Chery, Polter, Bidwell, Smithies, Luongo, Ingram, Cousins....an additional year in their contracts would not harm the club, however, it would of get a strong bargaining power.

Comment

He might want to stay with us in the Premiership next year.

Comment

QPR Plan to Approach Chery about new contract

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...act-wls-108296
            Last edited by jmelanie; 12-08-2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I reckon he's enjoying his time here, so every chance he would be happy to sign a contract extension with a little wage increase.

Comment

I don't really get the Chery love in? I thought he was really poor 1st half v Leeds and kept giving the ball away cheaply. I hope he succeeds with us but he is just decent and nothing more. Goes missing to often, I guess we all see it different but I'd put him in the top 20 of overrated players that have played for the r's
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Hope I've been placid with my opinion, seems like many really think he is premier league class but does anyone think different, be amazed to be on the only one but I'd accept it
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Hes being offered a new and improved contract soon according to reports.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...act-wls-108296
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 13-08-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X