Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some may have to watch out when posting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    The moaners on here had best watch out if this idea drom Charlton catches on

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/pic-charl...ed-their/79013

its already caught on here.

love this site but one moderator seems to have it in for me.

thanks for putting me on pre-moderation brighton........ once again.

what is it, 5 times by you now?

at least you pm'ed me with the reason's why. respect you for that.

oh, and yes, this post is relevent to the thread so, i hope this is let through by a mod.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
      Back in the day the internet was fairly anonymous
      something like TOR is the only way to regain online privacy. The growth of social media and smart phones means we're all moving targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        its already caught on here.

love this site but one moderator seems to have it in for me.

thanks for putting me on pre-moderation brighton........ once again.

what is it, 5 times by you now?

at least you pm'ed me with the reason's why. respect you for that.

oh, and yes, this post is relevent to the thread so, i hope this is let through by a mod.

Happy to let this through, particularly as you are making a fool of yourself once again.

Firstly, I haven't got it in for anyone. In fact, if you had seen a discussion thread about you and your behaviour some while back, you would know that I spoke up in favour of not banning you.

As far as I am aware, I banned you once and now put you on pre-mod. So not quite 5 times.

And just so that everybody knows why, you have been told countless times about trying to get round the swear filter and using derogatory terms instead of the players' names. Last week, I warned you about it again and exactly what would happen if you continued to do so. In a thread yesterday, you once again did it twice in one post, which I edited. You then repeated it in a later post, which I also edited.

Feel free trying to blame me all you like, I couldn't care less to be perfectly frank. Yes, it was me that pressed the button, but rest assured that not a single member of the team thought it in any way unfair.

As I have said before, we have had many complaints about how you go about things on here. Not so much the negativity, but the insulting terms used to depict it. I have asked you several times now to refrain from doing so. You don't seem to want to listen, so as far as I am concerned, you can stay on pre-mod until such time as you do.

Also, you have been made aware of the fact that MYU doesn't want that sort of nonsense on here. Continuing to do it, shows a great deal of disrespect to him. Considering how you had benefitted from a couple of free tickets only last weekend that this site had paid for, makes it even harder to understand quite honestly.

Entirely up to you if you want to post here, but you won't be doing so unless you abide by the rules like everybody else. It's really not that hard to do. And if you love the site as much as you say, then it should be even easier.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          something like TOR is the only way to regain online privacy.
          Yes, and a good VPN like ExpressVPN or IPVanish. And ideally a more secure OS like Ubuntu.

Comment

For every complaint pressed against Hitman, I am sure there are ten or more who welcome his posts and like the fella.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              For every complaint pressed against Hitman, I am sure there are ten or more who welcome his posts and like the fella.......
              Personally think he's a very good poster. Sure, don't always see eye to eye but that's the nature of a forum. But then, rules are rules I guess.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Doubt it, the geezer posts childish drivel

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  Yes, and a good VPN like ExpressVPN or IPVanish. And ideally a more secure OS like Ubuntu.
                  I run off Ubuntu and use TOR a fair bit

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    trying to get round the swear filter
                    The only reason I can think of for filtering is revenue protection but I think you'll find these days advertisers don't care as long the hits keep coming.

Then again I remember the internet v 1.0 or whatever i.e. before it became primarily a vehicle for marketing

Comment

The only reason I can think of for filtering is revenue protection but I think you'll find these days advertisers don't care as long the hits keep coming.

Then again I remember the internet v 1.0 or whatever i.e. before it became primarily a vehicle for marketing
                      Lots of folk try to get round the swear filter. Perhaps the majority? I do. Few that I know of are pulled up for it, but Hits sadly is.

Comment

I like hits, he's no facto but he's a good poster!! Need ol facto back, we're all different but a few got offended and facto got the tin tac .shame because the majority liked him .
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          FYI TOR shouldn't be used with a vpn for lots of reasons that are explained better in articles and blog posts than anything I'll come up. [1]. Also Linux Mint is a much better OS than Ubuntu (Ironically Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu), the latest release of Ubuntu (16.04) went terribly while the latest release of Linux Mint 18 (based on 16.04) went perfectly and it is in fact probably the best OS of any OS not just Linux based ones. If your looking for a usable OS with security highest on the priority list then FreeBSD would probably be best OS but if you're just looking for a general day to day OS with added security then Linux Mint is the way to go...there's also Tails OS which is security and anonymity to the max (literally can't get better) but it isn't designed to be general purpose, it's more designed for the likes of Edward Snowden or political critics in Iran or Syria or China etc.

[1] https://www.deepdotweb.com/jolly-rog...or-with-a-vpn/

Comment

something like TOR is the only way to regain online privacy. The growth of social media and smart phones means we're all moving targets.
                            arent TOR exit nodes well dodgy though? easy to spy upon them supposedly, and they cost hundreds of thousands of £ to run. so who's doing that anonymously? me thinks NSA and MI5.
                            Rangers Til I Die
                            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

No point using TOR if you post your full details online for all the world to see ;) Some people just cannot be helped

Comment

Originally posted by LostAtSea View Post
                                TOR shouldn't be used with a vpn for lots of reasons
                                I agree. VPNs are most useful with browsers like Firefox, which is probably the most secure of the standard popular browsers, especially when you add the privacy extensions.

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
                                arent TOR exit nodes well dodgy though
                                The main thing you have to aware of are the backdoors on the hardware itself. Most computers built post-2008 had them fitted, hence why there's now a demand for 2nd hand pre-2008 hardware. You can use TOR and VPNs but it amounts to much less protection if you're not using a laptop in which you've actually installed the OS yourself, like the ones LostAtSea mentions.

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                No point using TOR if you post your full details online for all the world to see ;) Some people just cannot be helped
                                Exactly. The last thing you should do is use any type of social media platform on TOR.

For anyone interested here's some good general advice co-written by an ex-MI5 officer: http://www.gendo.ch/en/content/secure-comms

Comment

Working...
                                X