No announcement yet.

Signings coming good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not convinced with either El Khayati or Washington but having been pretty vocal about Polter not being good enough this time last year, I'm going to keep my mouth shut! Ha ha

Comment

I haven't seen enough of CW to be able to comment about his ability to succeed at this level, but I think some are writing him off far to quickly. Players with pace like CW need to be used correctly, a bit like fast bowlers in cricket. Short, sharp spells rather than running around like headless chickens chasing lost causes. It's a team game and you do also need grafters like Polter, who many wrote off for having a poor first touch and being too slow, but is fast becoming a fans favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by UpperP View Post
        I haven't seen enough of CW to be able to comment about his ability to succeed at this level, but I think some are writing him off far to quickly. Players with pace like CW need to be used correctly, a bit like fast bowlers in cricket. Short, sharp spells rather than running around like headless chickens chasing lost causes. It's a team game and you do also need grafters like Polter, who many wrote off for having a poor first touch and being too slow, but is fast becoming a fans favourite.

None of us have seen enough of him to make that kind of judgement. We as a fan base always write players off its been going on for years. I used to sit next to an absolute helmet in p upper who used to ride Paul furlong like he was the anti Christ. Even when he was scoring he still wouldn't have it, nearly came to blows over it a few times. Polter last season was deemed #### by the experts that follow Rangers and look how he's turned out, conner has all the attributes required to be very useful at this level and I suspect as his confidence lifts we will see a different player. Can quote me on that as well

Comment

Working...
        X