Signings coming good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signings coming good?

Last season I was looking at our signings thinking average to poor!!
    However starting to think I was guilty of not listening , as Les and Jimmy said these are players with the right mentality and ability to improve !

So far for me it's going exactly as they said... Hall looks class, Polter, Chery ElK, seem to have moved forward fantastically. I guess what I am saying is given time this could be the QPR team we have all wanted.

Early days but the future looks good
    Last edited by Fozzieboy; 11-08-2016, 12:50 AM.

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
    Last season I was looking at our signings thinking average to poor!!
    However starting to think I was guilty of not listening , as Les and Jimmy said these are players with the right mentality and ability to improve !

So far for me it's going exactly as they said... Hall looks class, Polter, Chery ElK, seem to have moved forward fantastically. I guess what I am saying is given time this could be the QPR team we have all wanted.

Early days but the future looks good
    The ones brought in so far are of a good standard. All we need now are a striker and left winger.

El khayati and washington are both utter dross. Sgould be nowhere near the starting 11
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
      The ones brought in so far are of a good standard. All we need now are a striker and left winger.

El khayati and washington are both utter dross. Sgould be nowhere near the starting 11
      Imagine us encouraging them for once though... They may actually get some of that pressure off their shoulders (which fans like you put them under) and perform to the ability they have within them.

Comment

Leeds were incredibly poor it is impossible to tell how well they will do this season, off last years signings I wouldn't write too many off yet or say they have been a success (apart from Hall). Give them a couple of years then make a decision.

Comment

Washington was given plenty of support last night but still looked out of his depth.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            Washington was given plenty of support last night but still looked out of his depth.
            Wow mate just wow. Help the guy out a little. He's severely lacking confidence you can see that just ask polter last season and look at him now. Give conor a chance now has a friendly goal and cup goal both fox in the box sort of goals which WE are lacking. He will come good confidence ruins your touch and what I saw at the euros he HAS a great touch held up the ball and was a nuisance so lay off him. El khayati is coming good bit by bit apart from decision making and that will come with a little bit more coaching. Yes he lacks pace but can beat a player with ease did taraabt have loads of pace to beat a player? Nope and no I'm not comparing like for like technical ability because we know who will win BUT khayati has twice the work rate it's a squad game. So yes they are improving bit by bit hats off to them. We are one winger and one polter like player away from something special here lads. I said the same after beating barnsley IN THAT season you rssss

Comment

Not where I was sitting.

The blokes missed half of pre-season, this was his first competitive start since the Euro's.
              In addition, the two games he has taken part in, he has scored a goal in each... Out if his depth? You sure?

Comment

They are both League 1 players making the step up, they wont be perfect. Washington has 2 in 2. Everyone wrote off Polter last year. And Perch. And Ned.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Not where I was sitting.

The blokes missed half of pre-season, this was his first competitive start since the Euro's.
                  In addition, the two games he has taken part in, he has scored a goal in each... Out if his depth? You sure?
                  I hope the kid does well not for his sake but for ours. But frankly, two tap ins, one from a corner which is fair enough, the other only coming about due to unselfishness by Chery. His overall play was really poor, at least when other people (not me) said that Polter was cack last year, he went for every ball and tried to get touches. Washington never seemed to want the ball and when he had it, I personally (as well as many around me) knew he wasn't getting past his first man because he doesn't use his pace enough in those situations.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    I hope the kid does well not for his sake but for ours. But frankly, two tap ins, one from a corner which is fair enough, the other only coming about due to unselfishness by Chery. His overall play was really poor, at least when other people (not me) said that Polter was cack last year, he went for every ball and tried to get touches. Washington never seemed to want the ball and when he had it, I personally (as well as many around me) knew he wasn't getting past his first man because he doesn't use his pace enough in those situations.
                    And your point??

If you've ever played the game at a decent level Nasser you'd know, that if it isn't your night, the one thing you do is work hard and give 100%; which is exactly what he did. It weren't his night with his touches and holding play, but he worked hard and got his reward for the goal.

I don't think Conor's night was helped by balls fired in at him as the lone front man, around his neck, when he is 5''10 - He needs the ball slipped down the side or knocked over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      And your point??

If you've ever played the game at a decent level Nasser you'd know, that if it isn't your night, the one thing you do is work hard and give 100%; which is exactly what he did. It weren't his night with his touches and holding play, but he worked hard and got his reward for the goal.

I don't think Conor's night was helped by balls fired in at him as the lone front man, around his neck, when he is 5''10 - He needs the ball slipped down the side or knocked over the top.
                      Again, you're saying he worked hard, I disagree with that in itself. The guy ran at the keeper... cool, that's the expectation, that's not working hard. As a striker, working hard is making the runs that are so good, they force your teammates to pass the ball to you. Washington didn't read his teammates and didn't make runs to encourage his teammates. He should have scored 2 goals before extra time with the deliveries he got into the box from out wide, but he was never making that last second run where you just burst out into the space in front of you when you're getting low deliveries from the wing.

And honestly, this bs about "If you've ever played at a decent level" needs to stop. Unless you've been a championship player regularly at the level they're currently at, your experience means little to nothing. If you know the game, you know the game, regardless of playing it at sunday league level with big dave mopping up behind you and delivering crunching tackles one after another. That stuff doesn't matter.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Again, you're saying he worked hard, I disagree with that in itself. The guy ran at the keeper... cool, that's the expectation, that's not working hard. As a striker, working hard is making the runs that are so good, they force your teammates to pass the ball to you. Washington didn't read his teammates and didn't make runs to encourage his teammates. He should have scored 2 goals before extra time with the deliveries he got into the box from out wide, but he was never making that last second run where you just burst out into the space in front of you when you're getting low deliveries from the wing.

And honestly, this bs about "If you've ever played at a decent level" needs to stop. Unless you've been a championship player regularly at the level they're currently at, your experience means little to nothing. If you know the game, you know the game, regardless of playing it at sunday league level with big dave mopping up behind you and delivering crunching tackles one after another. That stuff doesn't matter.
                        Is that essay for real? and this why I never waste my time or effort replying to any of your posts on here.
                        Not a scooby.

Absolute whopper.

One thing is for sure, you clearly do not know the game haha.
                        Last edited by West London is Rss; 11-08-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hasn't had a proper pre-season assisted the first and scored the second. Yeah, well out of his depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Hasn't had a proper pre-season assisted the first and scored the second. Yeah, well out of his depth.
                            Don't worry about nasser lol he dug me out as well I just use ignore button now he thinks by copy and pasting stats from a statement site he knows about football instead just digging on washington for what? Scoring two in two and an assist when clearly UNFIT. Back plays nasser don't slate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                              They are both League 1 players making the step up, they wont be perfect. Washington has 2 in 2. Everyone wrote off Polter last year. And Perch. And Ned.
                              Fair point mate.

Will never agree though that El Khayati will come good. He is a league 1/2 player and he always will be.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                              X