Just Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    He did very little against leeds to be honest, don't know if you were watching that match, but he was too slow and didn't want to run at his man. When he did cross it, he slipped a couple of times and delivered an ok ball along the ground. At least against Swindon he took his full back on and ran at him, did a few stepovers and tried to get past him.
    OK pal, sure...

Comment

It takes me max 4 or 5 minutes to write up something like this. Reason being I know what I'm writing when I start, I'm not making it up as I go, so if you're going to make a point, or try to invalidate mine, try to put in a bit more effort instead of just saying "I can't be bothered to read what you write but you're still wrong anyway"
      Please stop haha... I don't even get to the stage of disagreeing with your opinions Nasser, mainly because they are so far off this planet that I can't get my head round understanding how someone can even hold the views you do.

Most of the time they are the polar opposite of what everyone else on this board is thinking and saying... Half the time I'm like..

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Please stop haha... I don't even get to the stage of disagreeing with your opinions Nasser, mainly because they are so far off this planet that I can't get my head round understanding how someone can even hold the views you do.

Most of the time they are the polar opposite of what everyone else on this board is thinking and saying... Half the time I'm like..
        I know Nasser and I don't see eye to eye on much but I really don't read his post since as you say his views on players are opposite to most. Robson mentioned al khayti was pony and that's good enough for me as he has always looked sh ITE when I've seen him. West and you are pretty good. If I wanted someone to check my figure's then nas is your man but he just highlights himself for having no footballing background. I can respect that but he actually genuinely believes in himself which is a worry
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• El Khayati was not pony, quite the opposite. Watch the game, it's easy to find out.

Comment

• Hubs you're another educated man, I tend to follow ex footballers/managers
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              El Khayati was not pony, quite the opposite. Watch the game, it's easy to find out.
              All about opinions, as ever. I watched the full 90 and actually thought that was one of Khayati's worst ever games for us, and I'm a fan of his.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                I don't even get to the stage of disagreeing with your opinions Nasser, mainly because they are so far off this planet
                Like everyone else Naz has his opinions and in fact on some aspects of the game he's excellent, e.g. unlike many on here he actually understands the way set ups work in practice. My only criticism of Naz has been that sometimes the blue and white lenses get in the way of objectivity, but that's OK because he's Rs.

I for one agree with him 100% about CW, but you don't need to know much about the game to figure that out. Btw, is the icon pic here to stay? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  All about opinions, as ever. I watched the full 90 and actually thought that was one of Khayati's worst ever games for us, and I'm a fan of his.
                  Bizarre.

Comment

He did very little against leeds to be honest, don't know if you were watching that match, but he was too slow and didn't want to run at his man. When he did cross it, he slipped a couple of times and delivered an ok ball along the ground. At least against Swindon he took his full back on and ran at him, did a few stepovers and tried to get past him.
                    Shodipo attempted 13 passes with 12 succesful in that match, of which 6 were crosses. That´s 92,3%. The best percentage of the lot, if I am not mistaken. In addition he was fouled 3 times providing the team with 3 dangerous set piece situations. Thats all pure facts nass :-)
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

I guess this is the beauty of opinions but I felt that Nasser was at least confident on the ball and enjoyed taking people on. Yeni took some fantastic touches all game, pulled of one particularly ridiculous Cruyff Turn that fooled 2 defenders and led to a chance and delivered an extremely high quality volleyed cross that, had it been anyone but an out of confidence CW who's timing was very poor, would have definitely led to a goal.

People marking out to CW saying that his size makes it difficult for him to be the lone striker need only look at Luongo as an example to realise that if he wanted to go for those aerial balls, he could. Add on to that the fact that running to the keeper when he has the ball isn't the most intelligent use of your energy, especially when doing that means you make fewer runs into the box, which was definitely the case. Then, if you're going to ask for him to get the ball into his feet, the least he should do is take a good first touch, something he again seemed to lack yesterday, evident in particular in the build up to their second goal. I'm all for giving players who deserve more chances the time they need. But Conor really really needs to up his game significantly to warrant the time he supposedly needs to get his confidence back and frankly, he's not going to get those chances with Polter performing as well as he is and rightly so.
                      Think he is told to do that, and I think it is a very intelligent use of energy. By stressing the keeper you force him to make a quick decision. In the Swindon game it forced him to go long most of the time, which I believe was part of the plan, we won possesion back immediately after almost every time Connor ran at the keeper Wednesday night. Not bad at all IMO, and certainly not playing to the crowd.
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        Think he is told to do that, and I think it is a very intelligent use of energy. By stressing the keeper you force him to make a quick decision. In the Swindon game it forced him to go long most of the time, which I believe was part of the plan, we won possesion back immediately after almost every time Connor ran at the keeper Wednesday night. Not bad at all IMO, and certainly not playing to the crowd.
                        Exactly. JFH has instructed all the forwards to do it. It's very effective too, as you point out.
                        Honestly I do wonder about Nasser's posts sometimes. He's good on the stats but seems to watch a totally different game to most others!

Comment

Working...
                        X