No announcement yet.

Just Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the little kids sitting near me were so happy when the polt came on , he could be heading for cult status down loftus road

Comment

I thought Perch did well considering he changed position about three times. He's a handy player to have, not perfect, but handy.

Nasser works well with Chery.

Washington seems to struggle, he scored a valuable goal, but it was given to him on plate. Not sure how things will work out for him.

Cousins was excellent. He was all over the field, strong, dominant and confident. He seems to have settled in well.

Yeni looked decent, deserves a chance to prove himself.

One thing I've taken from the game is how important Caulker and Hall will be for us.
      Last edited by Joe90; 11-08-2016, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        the little kids sitting near me were so happy when the polt came on , he could be heading for cult status down loftus road
        I just hope people are patient with Polter if he doesn't score for a couple of games or has a bad few games. The improvement in him and confidence he has with himself is brilliant and for the last few years all we have wanted our players to do is to give their all. Polter is leading by example in doing this and seems to be dragging everyone else along with him. Seems like he is a very popular member of the squad now and others seem to look up to him. Lets hope him, Chery and Yeni click together. Not heard Yeni talk yet but during the Tunnel cam Ian Taylor was talking to Yeni just before coming onto the pitch and it looked like Yeni was struggling to understand him so would be good for Polter to take him under his wing and help him learn English more as he often says he had a few problems when he came and really tried to learn as much as he could. And that could also help them both on the pitch to understand each others game.

Comment

Good to hear your cousin enjoyed it. Quite an exciting first game for him. I hadnt seen a shootout live before so that was cool. Do you think they practised penalties as we were pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            Good to hear your cousin enjoyed it. Quite an exciting first game for him. I hadnt seen a shootout live before so that was cool. Do you think they practised penalties as we were pretty good?
            I think we just have good penalty takers. Chery's was absolute quality. My rule of thumb with penalties is shoot down the middle though, the keepers are generally too scared to stay in the middle because they'll look stupid if the opposition scores. Keepers love diving.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Tbh I thought Nasser was fairly anonymous for the whole game. Didn't really do anything spectacular. And Washington just looks shot. You could see how much it meant to him and to the rest of the team that he scored but other than that got beat every time to every ball.

Cousins will be a very good player for us, strong quick and a good passer. Henry was fairly solid again, we actually may miss him on Sunday, can't really see him surviving 90 then 120 in 3 days.

I feel a bit sorry for perch. He's a solid player but now seems to get shifted around to accommodate onouha. In 2 games he's played left back, right back, centre mid and was on the right wing for a bit last night.

Posters just a beast!

Comment

Although Washington has hardly set the world alight I think he deserves a bit more of a chance, in one breath we are saying how much Polter has come on in a year and unrecognizable from this time last year, also I remember people saying he was never going to be good enough yet in the next writing off Connor, will he ever be good enough? I'm not saying he will but I'm happy to back the lad.

Comment

Overall we should be happy with this. JFH made 8 changes to the starting lineup. If the performance was OK suggests the squad is sound.

Comment

I didnt watch the game, but it seems the general consensous is that Washington may not cut the mustard. But someone aid you could see what it meant to him to score last night, is it possible hes struggling with confidence, he hasnt done much since being with us or had a great deal of game time, will scoring last night give him a boost? I'd like to give him time like we have done with Polter, maybe he may pick up a little, its just horrible when we almost write a player off without giving them time and or understanding if there are underlying factors. I hope i'm right and maybe we see a new Washington develop over the season, but if not then who knows
                    AshTheBash1983

Comment

Conor is at the right club to get all the help he needs. He has Les and the boss who were top strikers so we need to give him time.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Conor is at the right club to get all the help he needs. He has Les and the boss who were top strikers so we need to give him time.
                        Seem to remember people absolutely slating Polter after a few games. Washington just needs more game time.

Comment

I just don't get Nasser

His build makes him look like he should be playing 5 a side, which is backed up by the fact he will lose a 70-30 tackle in his favour, his decision making is erratic, and he will never take a shot first time and he is by no means quick.

Saying that, I think it's his erratic decision making that means he will be significant for us as an impact sub. Don't think he will start many games at all this season (and nor should he), but when he comes on he has the chance to turn the game around.

Great penalties too from everyone. Even Conor who is clearly lacking confidence and match sharpness. Looked like he tweaked his groin last night too.
                          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

TBF he is many weeks behind the rest of the squad after the European Championships. I actually think he did quite well down there playing as a lone striker, and was a big factor in NI´s solid defensive performances. Working very hard and closing down opposition players. I know he didn´t create any goals, but NI did not create many chances in open play that he could latch on to. I still hope, he will come good. Think you are being a bit out of character on this one, Nasser95. He may have been pony last night, but your view is not as balanced on this as per usual? Have you written him off already?
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Don't think I've seen Nasser play well when he's started a game, but bringing a player on who wants to run at and beat tiring opposition for the last 20 minutes seems to work. Washington seems to play a whole lot better for NI than he does for us....and he wouldn't be the first player who can turn it on for his country but not club - Reading let a player go who ended up scoring the goal of the tournament in the Euros for Wales. Hard to know with strikers, more than any other position confidence is such a big factor - Vardy scored just 5 goals for Leicester in 2014/15, but netted 24 in the following year - once they started going in, he just couldn't stop scoring.

Comment

A little generous with your description of the game Nasser, which I expected.

Thought we were off the pace most of the night and very sloppy, hence why we drew against a League 1 mid table side.
                                Didn't look up for it all, but then again neither was I, and I wasn't really bothered haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X