Just Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back

Just got back from the match, took my cousin for his first game so all the excitement of it got him really into it.

As for the performance, a few stood out for good and bad reasons:

Ned - Was excellent again today and really showed his leadership chops when their player knocked Furlong into the Sideboards.

Furlong - Played well, was comfortable on the overlap and won everything in the air.

Ingram - Decent, couldn't do much about both goals but he almost had a calamitous moment with the ball at his feet.

Cousins - My man of the match, his work rate was phenomenal, his tackling was brilliant and his overall play was excellent.

Yeni - What a player this kid will become for us. Forget his goal, it was just a tap in but his overall play was phenomenal and we created so many chances as a result of his crossing and running. Which leads me nicely into my next player

Washington - Unfortunately was dreadful for 120 minutes and lost the ball with a really poor touch leading to their second goal.

Shodipo - Ran at his man all game and hustled really well, good potential

Nasser - Probably his best full appearance for us, was magical with the ball at his feet at times and his work led to the first goal.

The others were fine and their goals were unfortunate but well taken. A win is a win though.

a few other points, the team spirit is back and you could see it with the second goal. JFH is a very very intelligent manager and knows what's best for his players, like pulling Chery away from an altercation that could have gotten nasty. Also, where can't perch play? He's played all over for us and he's done well. Finally, how are Karl Henry's legs still working perfectly.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

So we need a new decent striker ?

Comment

Glad your cousin enjoyed it Nass, can't beat having a little one who enjoys going the football.

Didn't go tonight so can't comment on Perch's overall performance but his defending for the second goal was criminal, he looked like he lost all sense of where he was?!

Did Conor play up front on his own for the majority? Did we go two up when Polter come on? I guess no improvement from him when/if that happened?

Comment

Agree with most of that except I thought Nasser was poor. Funny old game.

Felt Swindon were a tidy side. Used the width well in the first half. Going down to 10 men killed them.

Onwards and upwards all that matters is being in the hat for the next round in cup competitions.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          So we need a new decent striker ?
          We need a hard worker just like polt is to cover for the Polt himself. Washington shouldn't be a potential starter, he should be a pure impact player.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Thanks Nasser, great information and much appreciated.

(Just be aware that you may be aggravating people with your presumptuousness http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...e-game-threads )

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              Glad your cousin enjoyed it Nass, can't beat having a little one who enjoys going the football.

Didn't go tonight so can't comment on Perch's overall performance but his defending for the second goal was criminal, he looked like he lost all sense of where he was?!

Did Conor play up front on his own for the majority? Did we go two up when Polter come on? I guess no improvement from him when/if that happened?
              I guess selfishly, I'm glad he got to see Extra time and Penalties and the emotion of going up and being levelled over and over. Can't imagine how that affects the players though.

Yea I thought he was good for the most part but towards extra time, he started really getting his movement wrong and that aided their second.

As for Conor, he was alone up front with Nasser behind him until Polts came on and they went two up front although he tended to drift wide regularly. Irrespective he was poor for the entire 120.

Comment

Looking like Gladwin has a rival.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  I guess selfishly, I'm glad he got to see Extra time and Penalties and the emotion of going up and being levelled over and over. Can't imagine how that affects the players though.

Yea I thought he was good for the most part but towards extra time, he started really getting his movement wrong and that aided their second.

As for Conor, he was alone up front with Nasser behind him until Polts came on and they went two up front although he tended to drift wide regularly. Irrespective he was poor for the entire 120.
                  I'd love to know how much input JFH had in signing Conor. I suspect very little! A very expensive mistake but our business since has been good so maybe it sorted a few things out in the way signings are made. Hopefully the deal for Conor is largely based on clauses rather than an up front fee. Panic buying is never good. Ah well, what's done is done.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    Looking like Gladwin has a rival.
                    Gladwin got boos his last two matches but they were fairly basic compared to what Washington got, presumably because Gladwin effing up is not as annoying as our lone striker doing it.

Comment

I would say Yeni is way way ahead of Gladwin for that right wing spot

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        I would say Yeni is way way ahead of Gladwin for that right wing spot
                        I know it's only one game, but Yeni, Chery, Ned and Polter are the players who I would say are indispesible for different reasons

Comment

washington and nasser were very poor , washington got done by the 1st defender every time he went forward , his touch was poor, nasser shirked tackles and show ponied , thought cousins was very good plenty of heart and likes to move the ball forward ned and lynch were tidy and played well . thought cole kep was very slow and poor . i enjoyed tonite as they kept going and tried to win the game .... what a good player polter is turning out to be

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            washington and nasser were very poor , washington got done by the 1st defender every time he went forward , his touch was poor, nasser shirked tackles and show ponied , thought cousins was very good plenty of heart and likes to move the ball forward ned and lynch were tidy and played well . thought cole kep was very slow and poor . i enjoyed tonite as they kept going and tried to win the game .... what a good player polter is turning out to be
                            I'll tell you, I think I just love the showboating from Nasser, he's got the workrate in terms of closing down as well and as an impact sub in general he'll do bl00 dy well for us I think.

Polter is seriously going so over with the fans here it makes me so happy to see a player improve as quickly as he has all while getting the fans on his side with his hard work.

Comment

Hopefully Washington can do the same. Polter is unrecognizable from when he arrived.

Comment

Working...
                              X