No announcement yet.

Dundee forward Greg Stewart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair Jimmy and les have done pretty well this summer I trust their judgement on players. If they want him I'm all for it, trust the people who know what they are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
      To be fair Jimmy and les have done pretty well this summer I trust their judgement on players. If they want him I'm all for it, trust the people who know what they are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        Could he make the step up to the Championship? Always abit wary of signing players from Scotland
        Ross McCormack did this very well, as have a few others in recent seasons like; McArthur, McCarthy, Naismith, Robertson.

It doesn't sound as if he would cost much more than £400,000, so surely worth a gamble.

As pointed out before, he has a good left foot shot and looks a bit pacy and strong. would probably provide some decent back up / competition to Polter Washington and Ngbakoto.

Clubs usually need 4 strikers in the squad to cover injuries, suspensions. loss of form or just to change tactics during games.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
          Much better than gladwin for sure. More pace and can actually shoot. His work rate is actually phenomenal alot of running. So polar opposite of gladwin. Gladwin has technique for this level for sure but isn't built to be a top footballer his body and body language all wrong and his fitness never improves even after a gruelling pre season something wrong there to be honest
          Well I've seen him play several times and don't agree with any of that apart from shooting but just my opinion. Hemmings going to Oxford was a big tell of Scottish standard for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Well I've seen him play several times and don't agree with any of that apart from shooting but just my opinion. Hemmings going to Oxford was a big tell of Scottish standard for me.
            How comes you've seen him play in Scotland Bri?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              How comes you've seen him play in Scotland Bri?
              Always had a soft spot for them hub so watch em when I can. Stewart would probably do well with the Scottish rangers but championship step too far imo but would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Think the bottom 6 in scot prem is league 2 standard.

Comment

His main position is actually LW.

Comment

Not for me. As some of you know I am still living in Dundee, I have seen him play as been to a few games, he stands out in a very poor dundee team. The Scottish prem league is at its lowest standard for 20 years.

Comment

This isnt the young fast black striker from out of England is it?

Comment

If Wolves don't want to pay over the odds for him then don't want him.

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
                        Aye because scott Sinclair, moussa Dembele and Joey Barton would go to the conference.
                        Erm........ Dembele, Barton and Scott Sinclair are all players that have had success in England so #### knows where you drew that comparison from.

Like I said, this guy might turn out to be top class, but let's not make him out to be something he certainly is not (yet)

Comment

Is he better than Stevie May?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            No one's better than Stevie May.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Yes, Stevie May is a good player also though, 7 goals in his first season for sheff wed at the age of 21. May only had one good season in Scotland, Stewart has had 2, more proven.

Comment

Turns down move to Brum: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37037060

Comment

Working...
                                X