Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you that live abroad come to QPR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Cheeky!
    You understand me hubs xx
    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      This website is about us fans, we use it to discuss about our club and we've built a good little community.

It's taken a while but as a site, without asking a penny from anyone and being totally independent. We've gone from nothing to a site which donates to QPR related charities, giving away prizes from the club store, and now offering two match day tickets for home games.

As we all know the tickets are not cheap, and I want to make full use of them. It is for you and I wanted to make life a little bit easier for fans who don't live in the UK, it does cost a lot to come here and pay for a hotel and other stuff we do.

Would any of you have issues if we were to run the competitions as normal for each home game, but if a member who lives abroad is coming to the UK and can visit a game, I thought we could give them the tickets instead. I'm sure it's not going to be every match and plus Smarkets have been very good to us donating tickets for some games as well, which I post on here. They need names very quickly, so you have to keep checking the site because they offer it out the blue, and it must go to someone who can confirm and who is online at that time.

If no one from abroad is coming, then what if we give the tickets to someone who has never won before, so it gives everyone a chance to go?

Would everyone be okay with that, we can pick who wins them in a thread

Comment

See this is what I love about this club. I can't imagine a man Utd or Chelsea site doing that.

Brilliant.

Comment

Just touching on what Isleworth mentioned on page 2 about having a discussion about overseas fans and being real civil. There was a time that us oversea fans were shunned and told we wasn't proper supporters, no matter what forum we posted on. This is so refreshing that we are finally embracing the diversity that is our fan base. Also agree it would be a great idea to offer the tickets to long standing overseas supporters such as Shania. The behind the scene work that goes on to keep this as one of the #1 QPR independent fan forums is unmeasurable. Myu and the team on here work tirelessly to insure that everyone is catered for.
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Have to say I nowadays rate this site as the best QPR site by far. That´s all!!
            Last edited by Shania; 10-08-2016, 02:47 PM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              This website is about us fans, we use it to discuss about our club and we've built a good little community.

It's taken a while but as a site, without asking a penny from anyone and being totally independent. We've gone from nothing to a site which donates to QPR related charities, giving away prizes from the club store, and now offering two match day tickets for home games.

As we all know the tickets are not cheap, and I want to make full use of them. It is for you and I wanted to make life a little bit easier for fans who don't live in the UK, it does cost a lot to come here and pay for a hotel and other stuff we do.

Would any of you have issues if we were to run the competitions as normal for each home game, but if a member who lives abroad is coming to the UK and can visit a game, I thought we could give them the tickets instead. I'm sure it's not going to be every match and plus Smarkets have been very good to us donating tickets for some games as well, which I post on here. They need names very quickly, so you have to keep checking the site because they offer it out the blue, and it must go to someone who can confirm and who is online at that time.

If no one from abroad is coming, then what if we give the tickets to someone who has never won before, so it gives everyone a chance to go?

Would everyone be okay with that, we can pick who wins them in a thread?
              absolutely, all seems fair and in the "Rangers spirit" to me.

Top work MYU

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
                Try to come each season. Had to cancel trip last season due to heart issues (had bypass in January) but coming over for 10 days in November and will take in Norwich game.
                Hope it was a success bush, you need a strong one following QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                  Just touching on what Isleworth mentioned on page 2 about having a discussion about overseas fans and being real civil. There was a time that us oversea fans were shunned and told we wasn't proper supporters, no matter what forum we posted on. This is so refreshing that we are finally embracing the diversity that is our fan base. Also agree it would be a great idea to offer the tickets to long standing overseas supporters such as Shania. The behind the scene work that goes on to keep this as one of the #1 QPR independent fan forums is unmeasurable. Myu and the team on here work tirelessly to insure that everyone is catered for.
                  I can't do it without the support from the team, they knew my goals and helped to achieve them.

We tried buying two season tickets a few years ago but I didn't happen.

This was one of my visions and dreams when we first started the site, donating to charity, buying items from the club store and giving them away, and the last one was buying two season tickets to use as match day giveaways.

I don't reach many goals in life, so I'm really proud to have accomplished this one.

Next goal is to build a bigger community so we can keep this going each year, social media is not helping but it's a challenge.

You all play a big part too, without your support we wouldn't be able to do any of it, so 'thank you' to each and every one of you.

Comment

I live in Sweden and usually visit loftus road for a couple of games a year, 26 in totals so far. Can't wait to go again.

Comment

Working...
                    X