No announcement yet.

Thanks Jimmy, Les and Lee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with spending if you do it wisely.
    Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 08-08-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Would have loved this post if it wasn't for a slight kick in the boll cks to Tony
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Nice post Merry.
        I watched the whole match that i recorded on Sky last night, and Ollie was saying that we will spend again in January once we know our situation with the FFP. He seemed pretty certain that our buying process is wholly down to that hangng over our heads. So that makes the recruiting work thats been done even better imo.
        Do we have a date then?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Do we have a date then?
          I dont know, but he definitely said that.

Comment

I think keeping it real is incredibly important, and that is pretty much the message JFH is putting out. The last thing he needs is for supporters to have a whole new set of expectations after one game. Yes, it was a good start, a big improvement compared to recent season openers, but let's not get carried away. Take it game by game.

Personally I'd like to see us into the top half and maybe for once make a decent fist of one of the cup competitions. That would do me and would represent progress.

Comment

I'm posting this because I remembered the lyrics include the words: Thank You Jim... it's a pretty obscure tangent I know, but hey, it's late and it was a great weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                I agree that was better than we played at any stage last season BUT it's still only one game in,way too early to be starting "thank you les" threads,same had we lost our 1st game if someone started a "Jimmy and Les out"thread.
                Which definitely would've happened had we lost.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  I'm posting this because I remembered the lyrics include the words]
                  Soft Machine Volume 2: class album.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Personally I'd like to see us into the top half and maybe for once make a decent fist of one of the cup competitions. That would do me and would represent progress.
                    Absolutely spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Absolutely spot on.
                      Ditto

Comment

Stupid thread after 1 game

Comment

Lets hope you tell him this again and again after every win eh.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            Soft Machine Volume 2: class album.
                            Absolutely Hal.

Comment

I don't think it's relevant that it's only been 1 league game. I mentioned the magnificent performance on Sunday as a secondary thing to the fantastic work all 3 have done behind the scenes, around the ground and just the professional manner we now seem to be going about our business rather than the circus like actions of previous regimes. We became a laughing stock for a good while and these 3 are trying to rebuild us slowly under severe restraints and clear up the mess of others. That's why I'm primarily applauding them and of course Sunday was very satisfying as it showed what can be achieved when things are done in the correct manner.
                              So Matt-chew, well deserved I'd say and hardly stupid xx
                              Last edited by The Merry Ploughboy; 12-08-2016, 10:51 AM.
                              From the Hills of Kerry
                              To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by The Merry Ploughboy View Post
                                I don't think it's relevant that it's only been 1 league game. I mentioned the magnificent performance on Sunday as a secondary thing to the fantastic work all 3 have done behind the scenes, around the ground and just the professional manner we now seem to be going about our business rather than the circus like actions of previous regimes. We became a laughing stock for a good while and these 3 are trying to rebuild us slowly under severe restraints and clear up the mess of others. That's why I'm primarily applauding them and of course Sunday was very satisfying as it showed what can be achieved when things are done in the correct manner.
                                So Matt-chew, well deserved I'd say and hardly stupid xx
                                But also well done the board for backing the manager. If I was them I'd have banked the transfer fees from Phillips and fer but they've let Jimmy spend it. And after the amount they have spent over the years on the club, that's bloody good in my view.

Comment

Working...
                                X