Doughty to Swindon on loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Gordon Bennett they are played in friendlies to let clubs that might be interested see what they can get don't be shocked to see Caulker go as well or maybe Ned
    Guess we see pre season very differently. I thought the idea of pre season was to get your first team fit and match sharp rather than repeatedly playing players who are not in your plans. I'm not in the least bit bothered about seeing the back of jet or doughty I just don't see the point in getting them fit if your not going to use them. If putting them in the shop window was the idea then why hasn't Sandro played?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
      Guess we see pre season very differently. I thought the idea of pre season was to get your first team fit and match sharp rather than repeatedly playing players who are not in your plans. I'm not in the least bit bothered about seeing the back of jet or doughty I just don't see the point in getting them fit if your not going to use them. If putting them in the shop window was the idea then why hasn't Sandro played?
      Here here Greg

Imo pre season not to get players got to then move on, should be about the team/squad that will be playing/staying

Not that his set pieces were great (saw Wycombe game)
      Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Hard to sell a car that's not working and same applies for players who are not fit. Easier to move them on if their fit and match sharp.

Don't see what harm its done and think we have missed a trick not playing Sandro if we're to pay him 40large make him earn it and get him involved

Comment

Sandro has played albeit with the kids clubs can come and see him ! As well as Jimmy Floyd letting him know how far down the pecking order he is , get his act together prove his fitness and get out , seems fair enough to me !

Comment

he's at swindon more than loftus rd , why don't we send him somewhere else and they might buy him

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Gordon Bennett they are played in friendlies to let clubs that might be interested see what they can get don't be shocked to see Caulker go as well or maybe Ned
              Spot on - use friendlies to see if players can cope with their role...opposition is almost irrelevant.

Those not playing will still be doing fitness work.

Comment

Reckon they played Doughty to see first hand if they could use him this season in our system.
                Also think Jet was played cos he would of still been here if we hadnt replaced him.
                Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 05-08-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Makes perfect sense for them to pre season with us why would they not. Manager can take closer look assess if there going to fit in and offer anything Jimmy has decided he won't and palmed him off

If we're being honest he's actually not very good and average at best I don't get what so many others see in him. Good engine give him that but slow across the pitch, not greater passer, does not have a trick and not really a tackler. Will make career for himself in lower leagues. Good luck to him
                  spot on, he's 23 for gawd sake, Gerry had 150 games under his belt by then, most 23 year old would
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I reckon hes been shipped out because the club has lost confidence in moving on Sandro and Toszer.
                    He would've been a squad option had both gone, but if we're stuck with them then we cant afford not to use them in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      spot on, he's 23 for gawd sake, Gerry had 150 games under his belt by then, most 23 year old would
                      Wiki.has him down as making 103 senior appearances for various teams, so he's not exactly inexperienced. Obviously very few were with us though.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        again, I agree with you on this.

they should be allowed to train with the 1st team (unlike Schwinsteigger's treatment) but I really don't understand why they are given game time in those games (they can play in the reserve nd youth team ones instead,

Comment

Interesting to see if he plays against us midweek

Comment

will get the winner on wednesday!!

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
                              will get the winner on wednesday!!
                              Will he be allowed to play?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                Will he be allowed to play?
                                Sometimes it is allowed, especially in cup games for some reason. I think it more to do with youth players or something
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X