Positives from Watford game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    I thought you had bombed washington out ages ago nas? not rating him!
    I always said that he never took his chances where others did. I said that if we got a good offer for him, we should take it because he hasn't taken his chances and we can use the money on someone who has. I stand by that. He came in yesterday and took his chance well. granted it was a friendly, but it was a positive sign nevertheless. I hope he uses this to continue taking more chances and can eventually be a real rotational threat with Polter, who has also taken every chance, as shown by his display yesterday.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
      Too early to start Shopido but I would like to see him on the bench and then come in the last 15 mins If we are winning. El-Khayati better start ahead of him.
      Shopido is already way better than El-Khayati. A definite starter IMO.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Shopido is already way better than El-Khayati. A definite starter IMO.
        I could not agree more!!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I always said that he never took his chances where others did. I said that if we got a good offer for him, we should take it because he hasn't taken his chances and we can use the money on someone who has. I stand by that. He came in yesterday and took his chance well. granted it was a friendly, but it was a positive sign nevertheless. I hope he uses this to continue taking more chfances and can eventually be a real rotational threat with Polter, who has also taken every chance, as shown by his display yesterday.
          Hmmmm. Even I could have scored that. Washington won't get an easier chance. Probably in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Hmmmm. Even I could have scored that. Washington won't get an easier chance. Probably in his career.
            Yea but he was there and all it takes is a spark. Look at Chery's returning goal against Fulham, nothing special about it, rebound goal from a corner and it led to a great end to the season for him.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Thought it hit him tbh

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Positives for me are -

- We only really need 1 more quality signing. Gladwin needs to be replaced and we need someone who can deliver a decent cross from the right wing. (Will Buckley please)
                - Caulker is also another massive plus point. I genuinely believe if his head is screwed on then he can be a class act at this level.
                - I think Polter will get 15 goals this year in the championship!
                - Shopidio needs to start against Leeds. Raw potential but he looks to have the maturity and class to handle it. I'd personally chuck him in for the first 2 or 3 games and see how he goes. Naser isn't the worst player to bring of the bench to replace him.
                Will Buckley , good shout maids. Very good player, reminds me of a Chris Eagles . Uck knows what happened to him
                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

I fear Lynch will want a move if Caulker gets the nod? I feel I can´t trust Caulker.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    We only really need 1 more quality signing.
                    We definitely need more than 1 if we want to be in the top 6 IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      We definitely need more than 1 if we want to be in the top 6 IMO
                      Agree...Still not totally convinced with defence, & need attacking flair and fox in the box

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        Will Buckley , good shout maids. Very good player, reminds me of a Chris Eagles . Uck knows what happened to him
                        Eagles Grandad plays bowls down here in Lyme Van, I might take the game up when I'm an old git
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          Eagles Grandad plays bowls down here in Lyme Van, I might take the game up when I'm an old git
                          Haha , life must be good down there lymes. Just back from a week in westward Ho . Everyone is polite , I'm gently nudging Mrs van to move out of London maybe I'll join ya for bowls fingers crossed !!
                          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
                            Agree...Still not totally convinced with defence, & need attacking flair and fox in the box
                            What part of the defence dont you like?

Comment

Not sure with the rb and centre backs. I want Caulker to do well, but there's something about him I don't trust, same with Lynch, Ned.
                              We haven't got that Clint Hill like character back there. The organaniser, the leader, the last ditch tackler, the heart, the I wil die for this team.

I would've liked to see us go for Duffy, Brighton have bid for him recently.
                              Last edited by BFG; 31-07-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
                                Not sure with the rb and centre backs. I want Caulker to do well, but there's something about him I don't trust, same with Lynch, Ned.
                                We haven't got that Clint Hill like character back there. The organaniser, the leader, the last ditch tackler, the heart, the I wil die for this team.
                                Think Bidwell will be the new Clint.

Comment

Working...
                                X