No announcement yet.

Season Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably another season of consolidation realistically.
    I won't be reaching for a long bit of rope about it though.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think quite a few of us in the positive camp may be old gits
      Although we were privileged to have seen some great moments in our clubs history, we saw more than our fair share of dire performances. I guess we learned very early on that going to watch Rangers was more about the occasion of meeting mates & getting stupidly drunk and crawling home than it was about the actual on field activities.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        I could be wrong, but I think quite a few of us in the positive camp may be old gits
        Although we were privileged to have seen some great moments in our clubs history, we saw more than our fair share of dire performances. I guess we learned very early on that going to watch Rangers was more about the occasion of meeting mates & getting stupidly drunk and crawling home than it was about the actual on field activities.
        I can see that, personally I'm in the positive camp and am quite green still, but I get the fact that we will have some "dull" matches (personally, I don't get put off by the dull stuff, love the tactics behind it all) as you said. The whole experience for me is great. Chatting with the great people around me, enjoying all the random outbursts around me, yea I definitely am looking forward to this season, next season and every season. The football will be tactical and for me, I'll enjoy that experience as much as an end to end attacking game.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          I'm only 30 lol
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The jury's out on Jimmy, but I'm already sitting on the bench with my black cap in hand waiting to put it on my head. Poor pre season with the only positive getting rid of those t ossers Fer f uck's sake, Phillips and Traore.... Missing Clint, mind you.

Comment

---------------------Alex Smithies-------------------

James Perch--Joel Lynch--Grant Hall--Jake Bidwell

-----------Ariel Borysiuk------Jordan Cousins---------

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson--Tjarron Chery--Alex Pritchard

--------------------Conor Washington----------------

Yes the season ahead looks sweet !! even without them 2 we aint got yet we have El and Shod

Comment

I'm more optimistic now that most of you seem to think mid table is pretty much a cert. I thought bottom quarter but mid table would be fine for me.

Comment

Its going to be a season of utter drossball.

Who needs feints, dummies, triangle passes and movement off the ball.

Only needs punting the cant 100 yards upfield to a gapeing polter to bring down.

#farkfootball
                  #lovedrossball
                  #jimmythetacticalmagician
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    The jury's out on Jimmy, but I'm already sitting on the bench with my black cap in hand waiting to put it on my head. Poor pre season with the only positive getting rid of those t ossers Fer f uck's sake, Phillips and Traore.... Missing Clint, mind you.
                    All summer i have been practicing my ramsey pose. Flat cap on, arms crossed and chest out.
                    Just about ready for the new season ahead.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I been reading this and thinking about this dross ball etc

I just sat through the euros and I saw superstars produce absolute terrible football how many games will you actually remember for being a "classic" also last season I watch a a lot of football on the tele it was terrible I mean terrible . So I actually think the standard of football is drossball rather then us.

This league is not about superstars it about being solid organised and dull , Burnley was this they lump it forward Vokes flicked it on gray finished that it and they won it .

Last few season we been a big team ex premier league team big spenders etc team played out of there skin this season will be different, Newcastle , villa , Norwich , wolves that were the focus will be and teams won't see us as a " scalp" anymore .

Just my opinion by the way

Comment

Many posters on here have yet not understood that we have to build a team from scratch now.
                        Last edited by Shania; 30-07-2016, 12:00 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

I find the word drossball and every one latching on to it little bit cringey

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            ---------------------Alex Smithies-------------------

James Perch--Joel Lynch--Grant Hall--Jake Bidwell

-----------Ariel Borysiuk------Jordan Cousins---------

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson--Tjarron Chery--Alex Pritchard

--------------------Conor Washington----------------

Yes the season ahead looks sweet !! even without them 2 we aint got yet we have El and Shod
                            This encourages me. Even though I know nothing about five of the players and, from what I know, Washington can't play up front by himself. So I'm worried I'm encouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                              Cant wait, love going and watching QPR. Yeah some games are dire to watch but nothing more enjoyable than going to qpr with my son and seeing how we get on. I will be going no matter what as long as I can afford to go. I expect us to be mid table and I think that will be a successful season. Losing all the players we did and having the same finish position is a step forward.

this is something i cant understand thinking mid tables a successful season in a poor league,after all the money we`ve got come in aswell,& not striker thats capable of 20 goals even let alone competant wingers!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                All summer i have been practicing my ramsey pose. Flat cap on, arms crossed and chest out.
                                Just about ready for the new season ahead.
                                It was a beanie hat, not a flat cap, Hits...... Worn above a gormless look of utter bewilderment and confusion. You must be thinking of Jackie Charlton.

Last edited by Rangers77; 30-07-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X