Season Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Ahead

Am I the only one feeling disappointed that we literally have no chance of challenging for promotion again the year..

Obviously you will get the few on here that will say we always have a chance and we are building etc etc

But our team looks so average .

Sorry but another season of mid table average performances is likely.

The leaves me uninspired and not looking forward to the season.

Jimmy will be under severe pressure this year mark my words 15 games good bye.

Have to admit first time in years I have no excitement or anticipation for coming season

When we were on way down so many said championship would be more exciting, we would win more bla bla bla but it's a s hite dire league. Rather be fighting relegation In prem then in this crappy division

Comment

I just can't understand all these ''we are a small club and mid-table finish would be all we deserve'' messages.
      We should always challenge for promotion! Not going to happen this season though.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Have to admit first time in years I have no excitement or anticipation for coming season

When we were on way down so many said championship would be more exciting, we would win more bla bla bla but it's a s hite dire league. Rather be fighting relegation In prem then in this crappy division
        Amen to that.

Comment

This.

Comment

Mid table would be a good result with squad and manager we have. I'd take that now.

Comment

Not disappointed at all. Sure, I'd like us to be up there, but with the squad we currently have we probably will be mid table again. I'm fine with that, because I can see that we're trying to build over the course of a few seasons, rather than try and rush our way back up to the top league. Anyone with half a brain would see that the latter is something we have tried while in the prem (trying to avoid relegation) and failed miserably.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I felt like this last season too, after Ramsey was handed the head coach role on a 3 year deal.
                With the current squad I can see no better than a relegation scrap.
                The style of football preferred by JFH seems negative and will only work with pace in the team...a bit like Leicester last season, but QPR's squad has very few players capable of out sprinting opponents.

Comment

Cant wait, love going and watching QPR. Yeah some games are dire to watch but nothing more enjoyable than going to qpr with my son and seeing how we get on. I will be going no matter what as long as I can afford to go. I expect us to be mid table and I think that will be a successful season. Losing all the players we did and having the same finish position is a step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Not disappointed at all. Sure, I'd like us to be up there, but with the squad we currently have we probably will be mid table again. I'm fine with that, because I can see that we're trying to build over the course of a few seasons, rather than try and rush our way back up to the top league. Anyone with half a brain would see that the latter is something we have tried while in the prem (trying to avoid relegation) and failed miserably.
                    The failure was in no small part to a Chief Executive who had no real football knowledge and a Chairman who put too much faith in a disinterested manager.
                    You say that QPR are building over the course of a few seasons, but I think it is more likely to be another 10 -15 years at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                      Cant wait, love going and watching QPR. Yeah some games are dire to watch but nothing more enjoyable than going to qpr with my son and seeing how we get on. I will be going no matter what as long as I can afford to go. I expect us to be mid table and I think that will be a successful season. Losing all the players we did and having the same finish position is a step forward.
                      Some games are dire?
                      Try the vast majority under JFH.

Comment

Was looking forwards to the season before the friendlies started,but after seeing jfh use the same clueless tactic as last year resulting in a pathetic style of play,my enthusiasm has gone. Going to be a long,boring season.

Comment

1 week till the season starts and toothless in midfield and attack. This lot will be bottom half next season. Plus the 1 upfront cr.ap every week.makes for a Depressing season ahead. Only going to get harder aswell. Look at all the teams in this division now with money to burn. We've been left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                            1 week till the season starts and toothless in midfield and attack. This lot will be bottom half next season. Plus the 1 upfront cr.ap every week.makes for a Depressing season ahead. Only going to get harder aswell. Look at all the teams in this division now with money to burn. We've been left behind.
                            I thought you were happy with the new recruitment policy rickson? im sure i had you in the "positive" camp mate

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              The failure was in no small part to a Chief Executive who had no real football knowledge and a Chairman who put too much faith in a disinterested manager.
                              You say that QPR are building over the course of a few seasons, but I think it is more likely to be another 10 -15 years at this rate.
                              With all due respect mate, perhaps that second statement you made shows your lack of patience? We finished mid table last season, comfortably, and it looks as though it may be the same this season, that doesn't mean it's going to be another 10-15 years.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2