X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This board, tomorrow evening at 5.

Renewed optimism or doom and gloom?

Doom and gloom.
    Even if its a highly unlikely convincing win it will be 'we were lucky and we won that in spite of jfh not because of him'.
    Would bet my kidneys on it.

Comment

Thought you were arranging a fight, Knocker. But maybe you are......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Thought you were arranging a fight, Knocker. But maybe you are......
        There's usual suspects will be battleling it out.

Comment

Pre-season results don't really matter but I am not filled with confidence at the moment. I can see that Jimmy wants to stamp his mark on the team but with Faurlin, Fer and Phillips departing (plus Jimmy saying that Sandro has no place) it does seem as though we have less quality than we did last year, so we will have to work harder just to stay in the same position.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
            Pre-season results don't really matter but I am not filled with confidence at the moment. I can see that Jimmy wants to stamp his mark on the team but with Faurlin, Fer and Phillips departing (plus Jimmy saying that Sandro has no place) it does seem as though we have less quality than we did last year, so we will have to work harder just to stay in the same position.
            I am actually happy that Fer and Phillips have gone though. Frustrating players that didn't really perform to their potential for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
              Where did all the quality we had took us? Just mid-table. I prefer the younger players we have now, who I'm sure will give 100% to prove themselves, then the 'big' names that plays only for the good money.
              It will be a difficult season I'm sure, however, once we settle we will be a force to be reckon with.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                Where did all the quality we had took us? Just mid-table. I prefer the younger players we have now, who I'm sure will give 100% to prove themselves, then the 'big' names that plays only for the good money.
                It will be a difficult season I'm sure, however, once we settle we will be a force to be reckon with.
                Although I have been banging on about the lack of quality we now have in the side I have to say I sort of agree. Would have been nice if we could have bought a little bit of talent back into the team over the summer though.

Comment

dooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Comment

Think the failure to improve our forward options is the major doom factor. And with the BFG looking like he will be our first choice, it's very understandable.

Comment

For me persoanlly, i expect a 3-0 loss against what is a better team than us, so anything better than that will be hey that was ok. I still think if we finish mid table again yet on a smaller budget and with less quality players we have improved and done a good job in what I think is an even tougher league this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Doom and gloom.
                        or happy clappy? Neither help, frankly.

I think realism is the best response to whatever unfolds. And realistically under Jimmy we have been poor. But that may change. I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          There's usual suspects will be battleling it out.
                          Have got my gloves ready 😃
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

This preseason has been a big, big failure. We should have had at least two games against poorer teams from National league or lower where we would have had an opportunity to train our attacking system. So far our preseason has been more or less defense battle. Watford game is ok to train that, but we are all totally unaware how to attack and score. And our manager is as unknowing as we are.

Comment

Doom and gloom, obviously, if we lose or draw, no matter how well we play. Tumbleweed if we win.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2