QPR hat trick at Old Trafford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR hat trick at Old Trafford

Working in Leeds at the time and popped over the Pennines to see Rangers play Man U in the 70's.
    Our striker scored a hat trick. What was his name and what happened to him?

Pretty sure it was 91 and his name was Dennis Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Pretty sure it was 91 and his name was Dennis Bailey
      It was New Years Day 1992, there were only a few hundred Rangers fans there and we done them 4-1. Dennis did some coaching up until a year or two ago but have no idea where he is now. He was one of the most God fearing people I ever had the pleasure to meet.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        It was New Years Day 1992, there were only a few hundred Rangers fans there and we done them 4-1. Dennis did some coaching up until a year or two ago but have no idea where he is now. He was one of the most God fearing people I ever had the pleasure to meet.
        Thats right it was New Years Day and was live on ITV.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
          Thats right it was New Years Day and was live on ITV.
          That's why there were so few of us there mate, plus we were expecting to get hammered, as usual .
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I was there in the united bit as a guest of a United fan who's mate was in Thailand so he gave me his ticket. On the way to the game he was full of how they were going to hammer us. The journey home was quiet.

I was talking to a wolves fan on the way to our home game with them a few seasons ago and he told me DB was a preacher at his local church in the Midlands.
            Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 28-07-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Remember watching it on tv with my dad, I was just awestruck. Couldn't wait to get back to school and dish put some abuse

Comment

Your memory must be shot to bits mate! Can understand getting a few years out, but two decades!

Comment

a bit to early for the drugs op.

leave the spliffs until 8pm onwards.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

A game never to be forgotten. Fergies face of thunder was a sight to behold

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      A game never to be forgotten. Fergies face of thunder was a sight to behold
                      And Dennis Law's excuses during the game.. "errr Kanchelskis had a cold..." Plus his sheer bemusement at what unfolded in front of him.....

Comment

Dennis Bailey .... Hallelujah !!!
                        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

A good Christian was Dennis, remember that new year's game well, fergie went into rangers' dressing room after and gave the champagne he had (for him and Bruce 's birthday / new year's) ...but that wasn't the 70s game
                          op is referring to

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                            And Dennis Law's excuses during the game.. "errr Kanchelskis had a cold..." Plus his sheer bemusement at what unfolded in front of him.....
                            That was hilarious. I got back from the game and was staying with some relations up there and they said Dennis Law had no info on us at all so was lost for words.

Comment

And then in typical QPR style we went and got beaten down at Southampton the next game.

Comment

Working...
                              X