That midfielder that we need......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BFG View Post
    Adel Taarabt, or very similar. A midfielder who can carry the ball forward, beat a man, draw opponents, and can shoot.
    Knockaert,Hammill,Judge, Morrison
    Pritchard? Saw Newcastle and Norwich want him too

Comment

Thought this too when Henry was struggling to pick out a pass when Burton dropped deep

Ale alongside Cousins could've worked

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        Pritchard? Saw Newcastle and Norwich want him too
        Yeah, just can't see us getting him

Comment

Originally posted by BFG View Post
          A midfielder who can carry the ball forward, beat a man, draw opponents, and can shoot.
          This type of player - AMF - should be 100% the top priority, before the pace man and the striker. But we all know that these are the boys who are going to cost the sort of money the current regime will be reluctant to pay for. That's the crux of the matter: at what point do they allow a bit of extra investment to help the manager they chose put the final pieces together. I feel sorry for JFH. He didn't blow 0.25bn only to see us end up below where we started when mr. big spender hit town, all guns blazing and eyes wide shut. The problem is that throwing the Titanic into reverse could make things even worse. They have to find a middle way with acquisitions.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            This type of player - AMF - should be 100% the top priority, before the pace man and the striker. But we all know that these are the boys who are going to cost the sort of money the current regime will be reluctant to pay for. That's the crux of the matter: at what point do they allow a bit of extra investment to help the manager they chose put the final pieces together. I feel sorry for JFH. He didn't blow 0.25bn only to see us end up below where we started when mr. big spender hit town, all guns blazing and eyes wide shut. The problem is that throwing the Titanic into reverse could make things even worse. They have to find a middle way with acquisitions.

We had one in diakite but jimmy wouldnt try him out,had what we're missing in midfield wether he was mad or not! For me he had ability & we should have worked on him more than what the management did! The way he could bring the ball forward and glide past players was excellent,& that was against premiership players aswell!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

@hal
              " at what point do they allow a bit of extra investment to help the manager they chose put the final pieces together"

"The problem is that throwing the Titanic into reverse could make things even worse. They have to find a middle way with acquisitions."

Agree, great points in particular ^

Comment

MARCO VAN GINKEL on loan from Chelski would be good. Dutch too !!

Comment

A one legged Faurlin would still be a level or two above the majority of the current CMs we have (will exclude the new boy cousins).

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    We had one in diakite but jimmy wouldnt try him out,had what we're missing in midfield wether he was mad or not! For me he had ability & we should have worked on him more than what the management did! The way he could bring the ball forward and glide past players was excellent,& that was against premiership players aswell!
                    I liked Diakite as well but we have no idea of what went on there.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      I liked Diakite as well but we have no idea of what went on there.
                      Too unfit for Montpellier to sign according to this - http://www.football365.fr/montpellie...a-2632253.html

Says it all...couldn't even be bothered to keep himself in shape while he was here

Comment

I think Hoilett might have been an improvement too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          Too unfit for Montpellier to sign according to this - http://www.football365.fr/montpellie...a-2632253.html

Says it all...couldn't even be bothered to keep himself in shape while he was here

Hes bound to be demorolised with not playing for years,but yeah he should of kept himself in shape!

Comment

This. They let him down badly,imo.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Hes bound to be demorolised with not playing for years,but yeah he should of kept himself in shape!
                              He had loan opportunities at Watford and in Saudi Arabia and could have had more but didn't impress anywhere he went. We don't know enough about his situation to say that the club didn't look after him but there is no excuse for him not being fit when he was on around 30k a week.

Comment

Yeah i agree brian,a big shame as he certainly had some quality in him,should of been head and shoulders above anything we`ve had in midfield over the last few years!

Comment

Working...
                                X