Realistic targets for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic targets for the season

I wanted to see what everyone was thinking about what would constitute a positive season next season.

I think that if we honestly want that top 6 spot this season then we need to go out and spend the money on a 20 goal a season striker. All I can see from us at the minute is a lot of 0-0 draws. I like the look of our defence and midfield with good players. Could do with another winger or two though to be honest.

At the moment, I cannot see us finishing about 9th/10th. I think Chery, Hall, Cousins and Luongo will be a big players for us next season but cannot see us scoring enough goals to put pressure on the top 6 places.

What do people think about the BFG and Washington? I'm hoping somehow (unlikely) that Washington turns out to be a complete goal machine.

8TH - 12TH Would be an OK season and show progression. Perhaps looking at play offs next season.

Have a read around any thread to find the general consensus on Polter and Washington (most think they are both sh!te).

Issue with scoring goals runs deeper than simply signing another Austin. Not as if our current crop of strikers are missing loads of chances. Need the midfield to chip in with goals and create a bit more than they have been doing in recent times

Comment

Is it a striker we need? Personally think a forward wouldn't go amiss but two creative wingers I think is more needed.

Comment

Top half finish, also agree that we need more creative wingers and maybe another striker if we want to challenge for play off spot

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
          Is it a striker we need? Personally think a forward wouldn't go amiss but two creative wingers I think is more needed.
          I think we need one winger who is just able to cross. I don't really care if he's got crazy pace or skills, but as long as he can deliver a solid ball into the box, Polts will get a few goals. The issue is with Washington that I just think he can't be a striker to rely on wing play and that getting a new winger in won't improve him as much as it would Polts. We need to hope that if we stick with CW, Chery and him form some incredible partnership because that's the only way I see him getting enough goals. What I'd like is to find an all rounder up front. Someone who has that positional sense more than anything. This is what we lack up front. He gives us another dimension beyond the wingers as he can create a chance where none exists. That's what I hope we can get strikerwise in the next few weeks.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Top half finish for me and continue to build.

Comment

I'll take anything above 8th as progression. I'm expecting us to finish outside, but not too far off, the PO's.

Comment

Realistically

Newcastle, Norwich, Aston Villa, Sheff Weds, have by far the best squads

we are in a group of about 10 teams who could finish between 5th and 15th depending on Injuries / luck etc...

I think 8th - 10th would represent a solid season Playoffs would be great but not with the squad as it presently is!

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    I think we need one winger who is just able to cross. I don't really care if he's got crazy pace or skills, but as long as he can deliver a solid ball into the box, Polts will get a few goals. The issue is with Washington that I just think he can't be a striker to rely on wing play and that getting a new winger in won't improve him as much as it would Polts. We need to hope that if we stick with CW, Chery and him form some incredible partnership because that's the only way I see him getting enough goals. What I'd like is to find an all rounder up front. Someone who has that positional sense more than anything. This is what we lack up front. He gives us another dimension beyond the wingers as he can create a chance where none exists. That's what I hope we can get strikerwise in the next few weeks.
                    Totally agree about getting a winger in who can deliver a solid ball into the box. Not interested in any fancy pants stuff, just get the ball into the box and the Polt will score a shed load imho. Course he'll miss his fair share, he's that type of player (big and clumsy) but that said he'll still knock his fair share in too!
                    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      I'll take anything above 8th as progression. I'm expecting us to finish outside, but not too far off, the PO's.
                      So basically 7th?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        So basically 7th?
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          Totally agree about getting a winger in who can deliver a solid ball into the box. Not interested in any fancy pants stuff, just get the ball into the box and the Polt will score a shed load imho. Course he'll miss his fair share, he's that type of player (big and clumsy) but that said he'll still knock his fair share in too!
                          As much as people didn't rate Matty, the guy could deliver a top top cross in the box on his days.

Comment

80% of teams will think the same, give me a 20 goal a season striker and we will be in the top six. That's why they very rarely come up.

Comment

should be play offs, not that I trust in JFH, but feel there's at least 10 teams better than us so prob bottom half hopefully not in a relegation dog fight, but ain't to sure we won't be?

Comment

Working...
                              X