Drossball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Can't judge much from pre season games but doesn't look amazing does it.

As I said long ago, as it stands with the forwards we have, we'll struggle big time.

Another drab season I think. No spark in the side. Very little creativity.
    This.

Tbf I'm trying to remain positive and hoping we make a few decent attacking signings to spark some optimism into the new season but, honestly, I can't see it happening.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

How could we not guarantee Ali Faurlin 1st team football? JFH is working within a tight budget i know, and the summer signings probabaly wont end up being that bad, but MOST of the signings made last season and the youngsters we are giving a run now are 1st div standard at best.

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
        How could we not guarantee Ali Faurlin 1st team football? JFH is working within a tight budget i know, and the summer signings probabaly wont end up being that bad, but MOST of the signings made last season and the youngsters we are giving a run now are 1st div standard at best.
        I agree this was a totally bizarre decision. The excuse given did not make much sense. It was stated Ali was insisting on playing every week. Ali has never complained when he hasn't played and when he did play he always made an effort. He is intelligent enough to know that if he wasn't completely fit he wouldn't play.

I don't think anybody who has been mentioned can necessarily replace him.

I can only think there is another reason that we do not know about.

The problem is 0-0 draws or 1-0 wins do not work because the fans don't like them and start getting on the backs of the players which is counter productive.

I'm not really looking forward to the new season.

I don't think we will finish better than mid table, but would prefer to finish mid table with exciting football than with defensive 0-0s and 1-0s.
        Last edited by jmelanie; 23-07-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

i saw some of y'days game and to be honest there wasn't much between the teams , i'll let jfh have 7 or 8 games until i make my mind up on him . you can bet your bottom dollar he knows he needs a goalscorer but it's finding one . fingers crossed washington will score against leeds and be up and running

Comment

All very good finding a goalscorer but we have no quality to supply one. We definitely need more than a striker.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              This.

Tbf I'm trying to remain positive and hoping we make a few decent attacking signings to spark some optimism into the new season but, honestly, I can't see it happening.

It can´t be easy to sign players given our recent history. As a result of this, IMO, Les and Jimmy need to be given time to bring players with ability and the right character in.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                Really?? I don't get continued fascination with Ale sentiment aside he's past it as the ending to last season showed he was dire

Comment

Not fascinated with ale faurlin at all, just happens he was the only bit of creativity we had!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    This.

I'm not expecting anything different from last season if I'm honest mate.

Comment

Maybe Chery can spark something in the number 10 role

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
                        Maybe Chery can spark something in the number 10 role
                        Our best player IMO.

Comment

As usual, see we're looking to sack the manager before the season has even started...and according to the boards, Ramsay was much worse than Harry, who was much worse than Hughes (or maybe everyone), who was much worse than Warnock.....and on it goes. Hopefully the board has a bit more intelligence than this.

Comment

Seriously back to Faurlin. Yeah he was good at times passing wise but he didn't have the energy of cousins and he wanted to play every game and Jimmy couldn't offer that. It's already been discussed. Luongo and Cousins will be our two cm along with Henry at times too. That's just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                              Seriously back to Faurlin. Yeah he was good at times passing wise but he didn't have the energy of cousins and he wanted to play every game and Jimmy couldn't offer that. It's already been discussed. Luongo and Cousins will be our two cm along with Henry at times too. That's just fine.
                              Exactly he been good servant but club have been good to him too. He looked well passed sell by date last season and games passed him by. Can't think of him creating an awful lot

Comment

Due to his injuries he became to static, imo.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X