No announcement yet.

Sandro latest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Matty said I don't see him as the mercenary type. I think some of us just like to give that word to any player we don't really like
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
      As Matty said I don't see him as the mercenary type. I think some of us just like to give that word to any player we don't really like
      Exactly. Anybody that our club has dished out a megabucks contract to is classed as a mercenary to some.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Assuming a) he's actually happy to stay and b) the club can afford his wages, then they'd be crazy to sell him. Attitude-wise he's never been a problem; it's just a matter of keeping him fit. He's got a year to run on his contract.

Comment

He could come back and turn things around like Barton did in our championship year...but who am I kidding..he is a crock.

Loved what Clive wrote on LFW - "People call him The Beast, as if we needed any further proof that people are ####ing stupid. Sandro is the least durable beast in the entire history of beasts. He makes that self-pitying Disney creation that lives with a singing teapot look like a scrap yard Rottweiler. The number of league starts he’s made per season since arriving in this country in 2010 are: 11, 17, 22, 10, 17 and 15"

Comment

I'm shocked people are sticking up for the beast.
            What has he actually done? Nothing but been injured and took free money.
            Even the visa thing stunk, blame the club all you like but I'm sure the player has some responsibility.

Comment

He reminds me a bit of the situation with we had with Cesar who also got a load of #### from some. The club offer them contracts, and it's up to the club how much they are prepared to offer. I have never seen any evidence that either player sulked, didn't want to play or didn't give it their all on the pitch.

Yes obviously his availability has been an issue to which fingers should be pointed at those that allowed the signing happen but no idea why people would give the player grief, would any of us do different in his position?

Comment

Just want him out to free up that 50 lumps a week for a striker or even any player who actually plays football for us to earn.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  True to a point but he also didnt fancy playing last season and said it was tough playing Tuesday and Saturday.
                  And maybe it is when you're knee is held together with sticky back plastic! ha ha

Comment

The guy earns the money he makes on the weeks he plays, I don't think we can doubt that. His work ethic on the pitch is great and his ability is clearly up there in this league. The issue is, he obviously doesn't earn his money when injured which is too often. For the sake of balancing books, get rid and try to make some money. But he's definitely not a mercenary by any means.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

If anyone should have been signed on a paid as you play basis, the beast was that man.

Comment

Beast is a burden.....

Comment

We do need to move him on if we can as that would free us up to get a striker in BUT if we cannot off load then we need to include him when he is fit. We are paying him, he has a year to run and when he plays he always puts in a shift and we do not have a host of options really. Now he has a "failed medical" against him it will be harder to shift him unless we can loan him on again. I agree with the comment earlier that when Barton returned after his loan he had a good season in the championship, plus after going to Northampton last night our midfield needs some quality albeit it was a friendly but I think he would give Cousins the freedom to really be a big player for us.

Comment

Obviously a decent player on his day - but he breaks down more than an Austin Allegro.

Talking of Austin: He's been all but parked up since we sold him.

Comment

I'm beginning to think we should hang onto him, we already have injuries in his department.

Even more so if the back room staff have improved (that's what I keep hearing, dunno the ins and outs)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                I'm beginning to think we should hang onto him, we already have injuries in his department.

Even more so if the back room staff have improved (that's what I keep hearing, dunno the ins and outs)
                                If all else fails, he'll keep the physio busy!

Comment

Working...
                                X