Striker/Winger Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striker/Winger Situation

Anybody else slightly concerned by the fact that we literally have no wingers right now? For me Ben Gladwin is not a winger and is not good enough for this league, and Mackie is nowhere near enough fit and is a squad player at most. Yes we have Petrasso who can play on the right and Shodipo who can play on the left but they should be 2nd choice behind 2 quality first team wingers. I find it quite worrying that Les and Jimmy stated that they had planned their targets and were hoping to get it all out of the way before pre-season. The Holland camp has now ended and for me we still dont have a first team winger on either flank. As for the striker situation, we all love the german but I think we are all aware that he's not a 20 goal a season striker. Yes hes a great asset to us but he wouldnt be the first name on my team sheet for a team that wants 'promotion' or top 6. They must be expecting big things from washington this year judging by the situation. Yes are spending days are over, but there comes a point where you do need to find quality... we've just had 5.5m from phillips and 4.5m for fer, if we can spend 3.5m on washington then why cant we and spend 6m on the likes of kodjia or nahki wells? We've done good business with grabbing ourselves cheap deals with the likes of bidwell, cousins etc but when signing strikers in this league I dont think you can mess around. We have money, get someone proven otherwise I think we are looking at another mid table season.

No, not concerned.

Club are buying well and NOT getting mugged off by clubs during the window. Wouldnt rush it and buy ####, best to get who we actually want.

2 Wingers 1 striker to come, they will, no worries.

Comment

No, transfer window only just opened, maybe need to sell before we can buy, prefer to wait for the right people rather than rush signings. If we don't bring anyone in particularly as a striker then I will be bored to death this season.

Comment

Not even remotely. Club are looking at the right type of player and for once I trust them to get it right

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
          Not even remotely. Club are looking at the right type of player and for once I trust them to get it right
          Ditto. We do need a few attacking players in though. Looking at our current squad I'm happy with our goalkeepers and defenders but midfield and forwards look woeful.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Looks like we are going to strengthen on the flanks but central mid still concerns me. Would love to sign a strong athletic midfielder so we don't get bullied by some teams.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
              Looks like we are going to strengthen on the flanks but central mid still concerns me. Would love to sign a strong athletic midfielder so we don't get bullied by some teams.
              A bit of creativity in there wouldn't go amiss either.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Not concerned one little bit, Les has pin pointed all the positions mentioned in the op and has said we are adressing them

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  A bit of creativity in there wouldn't go amiss either.
                  You don't think cherry, couple of good wingers is enough? I don't think we need our central midfielders to play the killer pass. Just want them to keep ball well, have a good engine and get into the box to at least try to score goals.

Comment

Got a feeling that Shittydippydoo will turn out better than Phillips and Hoilett as well ,.

Comment

Nope not concerned

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Got a feeling that Shittydippydoo will turn out better than Phillips and Hoilett as well ,.
                        I've got a good feeling about him kev. Come from nowhere really, would be a massive bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          I've got a good feeling about him kev. Come from nowhere really, would be a massive bonus
                          Well Dublin actually

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Looks like we are going to stre
                            ngthen on the flanks but central mid still concerns me. Would love to sign a strong athletic midfielder so we don't get bullied by some teams.
                            Done! JC on his way!!! All coming together nicely!
                            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Well Dublin actually
                              Haha very good

Comment

Working...
                              X