Mayday Mayday !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayday Mayday !!

So, it looks like we'll have our new prime minister earlier than planned.

Now looking forward with great interest and excitement to the Labour leadership farce.

At least we'll be spared the issue of whether or not being a mother is an issue.

Never heard of her. She has also surprised a few experts on English politics here in Norway.
    Last edited by Shania; 12-07-2016, 04:32 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Never heard of her. The experts on english politics here in Norway are surprised by her "raise to fame".
      She's 60 years old and been an MP since 1997 . She has served in several shadow cabinets and home secretary since 2010 so hardly "rise to fame"

Comment

remind u of anyone from the past

Comment

Maggie
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Wasn't Maggie the only person who got us something out of Europe?

Comment

this was a complete setup. ledson only put herself forward to block boris and gove. now gove has lost in the first round of voting she steps down and now we have the b1tch from hell as our primeminster.

the politics in this country stinks to high hell
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                this was a complete setup. ledson only put herself forward to block boris and gove. now gove has lost in the first round of voting she steps down and now we have the b1tch from hell as our primeminster.

the politics in this country stinks to high hell
                Certainly looks like it. I find it beyond hypocritical that May asserted Brown had no mandate to govern when he replaced Blair. How come this is different, Theresa? It's not. There should be a general election.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Certainly looks like it. I find it beyond hypocritical that May asserted Brown had no mandate to govern when he replaced Blair. How come this is different, Theresa? It's not. There should be a general election.
                  It's different because the country basically forced Cameron to resign by voting for Brexit. Most people knew by voting in this way that there would be a new prime minister.

Due to fixed time parliaments, the only way you can have a general election is for the Conservative party to have a vote of no confidence in the prime minister which since they have just elected her isn't going to happen.

A general election at this time would not be in the interests of the country. Arrangements for us to leave the EU have to begin sooner rather than later.

If we were to have a general election what do you think the chances are of labour winning. The only result would probably be a larger majority for the conservative party.

After the referendum I am not sure the majority of the country really want another election. I certainly don't want more months of u certainty

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    She's 60 years old and been an MP since 1997 . She has served in several shadow cabinets and home secretary since 2010 so hardly "rise to fame"
                    Oh, I am so sorry.
                    Last edited by Shania; 12-07-2016, 10:57 AM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Wasn't Maggie the only person who got us something out of Europe?
                      "Got us something out of Europe? If you ask me, back in the days you got pretty much out India and etc. aswell. Jeezez.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

"Got us something out of Europe? If you ask me, back in the days you got pretty much out India and etc. aswell. Jeezez.
                        Steady Shania
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Sorry could you explain what you are talking about. Margaret Thatcher got us a rebate from Europe (although we were still paying an enormous amount). What does this have to do with India. I know that the people from India and Pakistan lost out when we joined the EU, because it was more difficult for them to live in the U.K. and they were no longer allowed to have British passports. Is that what you are referring to?

Comment

It's different because the country basically forced Cameron to resign by voting for Brexit. Most people knew by voting in this way that there would be a new prime minister.
                            Er, no they didn't, to both. And May is still a hypocrite. I take your point about stability though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              Er, no they didn't, to both. And May is still a hypocrite. I take your point about stability though.
                              Did you think Cameron would stay as PM after the Brexit vote? Once he gone with the remain camp he was in an untenable position once the country voted for Brexit.

Having said that we all knew that Blair was going to resign after his last election, and it was no surprise that Gordon Brown replaced him.

Comment

Working...
                              X