Diakite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Samba Diakite wasn't a "misfit", I also don't buy the story of family tragedy in Mali.

As many have pointed out, the guy was born in France, his immediate family moved to France before he was born. As such if he lost people in the atrocities in Mali they were cousins or grandparents at the closest. Yes it's horrible but an excuse for not performing at work for 4 years straight? Sorry, not having it!

From what I can gather the reason the guy didn't work out is cos he was totally brainless. There is an interview doing the rounds of Nedum where he talks about how funny it is watching the guy in training. He doesn't mean to be funny, he's just an idiot. A few other players have said similar. There is also a soccer AM clip where they are doing the Crossbar Challenge and Diakite just clearly has no idea of what's going on. In fact just look at any one of his red cards, all totally ridiculous.

Now I know you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be good footballer but if you've got an IQ of 60 or 70 then you are really going to struggle at this level!
    This made me do a lol. He does have a hint of retardation about him doesn't he.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      This made me do a lol. He does have a hint of retardation about him doesn't he.
      Not a phrase I like mate, got a family member with Downs Syndrome.

I prefer "simpleton" as an accurate description of a person like Daikite......ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        If QPR were treating Diakite so badly, why did he stay for 4 years?
        £40K a week might explain that. How badly we treated him paying him that for one appearance in three years. In a league cup game. On the wing. Which we lost. Players not playing for that length of time ought be made man the turnstiles, sell programmes, tidy the stadium and heat up hot dogs and pies.

Comment

Not a phrase I like mate, got a family member with Downs Syndrome.

I prefer "simpleton" as an accurate description of a person like Daikite......ha ha!
          Oh dear...
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            Absolutely 100% misunderstanding. Sympathies towards Samba if he has family troubles, but 100% my resentment was to people suggesting Qpr have treated Samba badly, which I feel is not the case.

Have a beer on me
            All good mate. Can be tough to understand people's tones of voice online
            You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              £40K a week might explain that. How badly we treated him paying him that for one appearance in three years. In a league cup game. On the wing. Which we lost. Players not playing for that length of time ought be made man the turnstiles, sell programmes, tidy the stadium and heat up hot dogs and pies.
              40k a week mate

Cmon even you know thats a massive exaggeration.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                40k a week mate

£20K? Point still stands. Even if it were £40K a year......

Comment

40k a week mate

You think?

Personally I bet he was on 40k a week. We had high hopes for him and at that time we were giving out big contracts like lollipops. Bobby Zamora got 60k a week, Bosingwa 65k, Julio Cesar even more, I've heard that Nedum was even on 50k. If those numbers are anything like accurate, why wouldn't Diakite have been on around 40k p/w?

Comment

You think?

Personally I bet he was on 40k a week. We had high hopes for him and at that time we were giving out big contracts like lollipops. Bobby Zamora got 60k a week, Bosingwa 65k, Julio Cesar even more, I've heard that Nedum was even on 50k. If those numbers are anything like accurate, why wouldn't Diakite have been on around 40k p/w?
                    Nedum was more on 45 when he signed, diakite on 25 Bosingwa and Cesar both on around 65 but they are proven names coming here from places where they had big money already. Samba Diakite was on ok money in france and came here to get more, but not straight up to 40k, it was more 25k
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nedum was more on 45 when he signed, diakite on 25 Bosingwa and Cesar both on around 65 but they are proven names coming here from places where they had big money already. Samba Diakite was on ok money in france and came here to get more, but not straight up to 40k, it was more 25k
                      All speculation mate. Just cos he was on 25k p/w on Football Manager doesn't make it gospel. In reality only Samba Diakite, his agent and the club will know the actual figure he was being paid!

However you badge it up, he got paid a sh*t ton of money for a very small return during his time with the club!

Comment

All speculation mate. Just cos he was on 25k p/w on Football Manager doesn't make it gospel. In reality only Samba Diakite, his agent and the club will know the actual figure he was being paid!

However you badge it up, he got paid a sh*t ton of money for a very small return during his time with the club!
                        This. But the insanity that is the economics of football means that goal he scored against the Gooners, which got us the two points that kept us up, probably meant that another year in the PL brought big spondoolies. P issed up against the wall on dross like ex Captain Ji, Bosw anka, Cesar etc etc etc etc etc, of course.

Comment

OK mate, but firstly the value is even lower on Football Manager, but more to the point, 25k per week is very different to 40k per week. I'm not disagreeing that he was a waste, but he wasn't 40k a week wasted and that's pretty much a certainty.

Comment

Football Manager
                            The font of more confusion and misunderstanding than the Palace of Westminster.

And about as far from reality.

Comment

OK mate, but firstly the value is even lower on Football Manager, but more to the point, 25k per week is very different to 40k per week. I'm not disagreeing that he was a waste, but he wasn't 40k a week wasted and that's pretty much a certainty.
                              not sure how you can argue when you dont know.

Dont think Tarbie is far off with his 40k figure in all honesty. Came on loan and looked class. Not sure if we would have had to keep paying him if he wasnt mentally able to train/play but guess that is a different discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                                not sure how you can argue when you dont know.

Dont think Tarbie is far off with his 40k figure in all honesty. Came on loan and looked class. Not sure if we would have had to keep paying him if he wasnt mentally able to train/play but guess that is a different discussion.
                                My thoughts too mate but it's a pointless argument cos we'll never actually know the true figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X