No announcement yet.

Diakite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The club was once full of mavericks and successful with it. People like Samba and Adel need proper man management, someone who can figure out what makes them tick. Harry didn't have a clue as to how to cope with misfits, to no one's benefit. There's also a reason why clubs have a sports psychologist but ours has clearly been on a ten year sabbatical.

Comment

Players like Samba and Adel need Supernanny.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
        Players like Samba and Adel need Supernanny.
        Difference is Adel won us a league title. Really all Samba ever done was show a bit of promise.

feel for the bloke if rumurs are true, but what are the club supposed to do? not their right to "tell all" about his situation and cant keep handing over 20 odd bags each week when he dont offer us nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          The club was once full of mavericks and successful with it. People like Samba and Adel need proper man management, someone who can figure out what makes them tick. Harry didn't have a clue as to how to cope with misfits, to no one's benefit. There's also a reason why clubs have a sports psychologist but ours has clearly been on a ten year sabbatical.
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...64#post1543964

Comment

replied.

Comment

replied.
              Seen, thanks. Good reply too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane View Post
                We'll kill your family while we're at it?
                Think you need to wind your neck back in.

How have we handled Samba disgracefully? Because we won't give him another 5 year contract on 40bags a week?

Deepest condolences to him and his family if stories of bereavement are true, but we can't keep funding this guy forever.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Think you need to wind your neck back in.

How have we handled Samba disgracefully? Because we won't give him another 5 year contract on 40bags a week?

Deepest condolences to him and his family if stories of bereavement are true, but we can't keep funding this guy forever.
                  Sorry, it looks like I've misunderstood you.

The "do me a favour" bit sounded like you wanted to be in his situation, and that you harboured some resentment towards him. I definitely don't think we should've given him another contract, and think we handled it fine.
                  You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane View Post
                    Sorry, it looks like I've misunderstood you.

The "do me a favour" bit sounded like you wanted to be in his situation, and that you harboured some resentment towards him. I definitely don't think we should've given him another contract, and think we handled it fine.
                    Absolutely 100% misunderstanding. Sympathies towards Samba if he has family troubles, but 100% my resentment was to people suggesting Qpr have treated Samba badly, which I feel is not the case.

Have a beer on me

Comment

Samba Diakite wasn't a "misfit", I also don't buy the story of family tragedy in Mali.

As many have pointed out, the guy was born in France, his immediate family moved to France before he was born. As such if he lost people in the atrocities in Mali they were cousins or grandparents at the closest. Yes it's horrible but an excuse for not performing at work for 4 years straight? Sorry, not having it!

From what I can gather the reason the guy didn't work out is cos he was totally brainless. There is an interview doing the rounds of Nedum where he talks about how funny it is watching the guy in training. He doesn't mean to be funny, he's just an idiot. A few other players have said similar. There is also a soccer AM clip where they are doing the Crossbar Challenge and Diakite just clearly has no idea of what's going on. In fact just look at any one of his red cards, all totally ridiculous.

Now I know you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be good footballer but if you've got an IQ of 60 or 70 then you are really going to struggle at this level!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 12-07-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Of course Diakite may have needed counselling if he had some tragic life events happen. I personally did to o but i went and sorted that out myself and didnt expect my employer to be responsible, they were supportive as i imahine qpr have been but he has to take responsibility. He certainly could afford a psychiatrist but I imagine there may well hace been some stigma in actually accessing it. I wish him well as I know how much poor mental health sucks but he doesnt deserve another contract as he simply isnt fit to do the job. I would accept a minimum wage contract for him as a gesture until he is ready to play (it happens in italian football , I forget who).

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Samba Diakite wasn't a "misfit", I also don't buy the story of family tragedy in Mali.
                          I'd say we were the brainless ones if your account is correct - it might well be, I've no idea. But if he really was that stupid what the fvck were we doing signing him in the first place? It's not like ordering online, we'd have had meetings, reports and all the rest of the stuff you really ought to do before getting out the checkbook.

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Now I know you don't need to be a rocket scientist to be good footballer
                          No one is going to argue with that......

Comment

If QPR were treating Diakite so badly, why did he stay for 4 years?

Comment

I'd say we were the brainless ones if your account is correct - it might well be, I've no idea. But if he really was that stupid what the fvck were we doing signing him in the first place? It's not like ordering online, we'd have had meetings, reports and all the rest of the stuff you really ought to do before getting out the checkbook.

No one is going to argue with that......
                              We signed a lot of dross at the time though didn't we? It was the Mark Hughes era where we had money to burn. Diakite had impressed on a very short loan spell, the fans were drooling over him and we signed on the dotted line without asking too many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                FFS. This bloke has been earning massive corn for years out of us with no return. We handled him disgracefully? Do me a favour.
                                This. Not sure what we, as a club, done wrong in handling him at all? Anybody care to enlighten me?
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X