Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have lessons been learnt?

Regarding transfers, in and out..

Have we learnt from past mistakes (stupid contracts/over paid players/right sort etc)??

Persoally think we turned a corner regarding transfers in the Vargas/Isla transfer window. At the time the players that came in were fairly postive, but in the end were poorly managed......

Now its slowly looking as if that corner has been turned (trying not to speak to soon)...... The early signs are there that we have learnt. Made a few what would seem 'right sort' signings already. Also with the arrival of Bidwell, cant help but be excited/optimistic about our defence (for once).. just need a few attacking minded type players in now and I'd say that our squad is slowly shaping up quite nice, without the need for over paying
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Vargas was quality player, we just didn't make the best of him. Bad example of our past transfer failings. We've had quite a few!

Comment

That window was still a poor one on the whole.

Traore retained on a new contract.
      Rio signed.
      Big money spent on Caulker, Fer and Sandro.
      The Mutch signing.
      Alex McCArthy.

Comment

Yes I think so. Caulker is young and hungry with a point to prove, he can learn a lot from Rio! Fer and Mutch will add pace and power to our midfield. McCarthy is a future England number 1 for sure.

Glad we got rid of Simpson, wrong un

Comment

I have to say I was happy with most of those signings before I saw them play.

Vargas - Nice player but poorly managed, not a transfer failing
          Traore - Big mistake
          Rio - Thought he would be good and looked it against Hull but his wife was ill so no complaint he wasn't up to it
          Caulker - Lots of promise I thought when we bought him
          Fer - Didn't know much about
          Sandro - standard line, great player if fit but wasn't
          Mutch - Attacking midfielder I thought would be good, shocking though for us and Palace
          McCarthy - Decent young signing, again never worked out here or Palace

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post

Traore - Big mistake
            Rio - Thought he would be good and looked it against Hull but his wife was ill so no complaint he wasn't up to it
            Mutch - Attacking midfielder I thought would be good, shocking though for us and Palace
            This 100% and I remember a stong majority agreeing!
            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post

Traore - Big mistake
              Eduardo Vargas. How Redknapp managed him was worse than absolute shocking. Can't believe we had a World Class player here at LR and we let him slip away. Criminal.

Comment

Agree with Nick think we have taken our medicine. Players were going for now are more realistic and In keeping with our historical transfer capabilities

You look now at what Bournemouth are spending and fear for them

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Agree with Nick think we have taken our medicine. Players were going for now are more realistic and In keeping with our historical transfer capabilities

Not so sure myself. They sold Ritchie for £12 mill and have bid £15 mill for Ibe. (Which they must see as an upgrade) Unless they've bid silly money for other players I haven't seen, I think they are doing things quite prudently

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

There's also even more money in the prem now than ever before. How are a club like Watford for example able to turn down stupid money for ighalo. There's so much money in that top league now that 15 million really isn't a lot of money. As ridiculous as that sounds unfortunately it is true

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                      That window was still a poor one on the whole.

Traore retained on a new contract.
                      Rio signed.
                      Big money spent on Caulker, Fer and Sandro.
                      The Mutch signing.
                      Alex McCArthy.
                      I have to agree but in hindsight rather than thoughts at the time.

Only one that can probably hold his head up that was signed at the time is Jack Robinson and that's because he's hardly played!

Comment

Think the question has been answered last summer. Yes we have turned the corner and by signings from then up to and including now are vastly different to those made before. On the right track, just need Jimmy to find the right mix of players.

Comment

Working...
                        X