Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fee Agreed For Matt Phillips. Deal Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    This... nagboto and dack. Or even lansbury.
    Dont forget we still need a striker and a left winger too.
    Nagboto not a winger? Still want Lansbury but heard nothing at all so unsure what exactly to make of it.

Comment

He is a right wing. We still need a left
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

He is a right wing. We still need a left
        Do you not think Petrasso would be the starter?

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          Do you not think Petrasso would be the starter?
          Tough one..... i rate the kid highly but he only played 3 or 4 games. Would like to see him as backup personally.

Get shot of mackie tozer and el #### who are all pony.

Comment

Very good deals for the club and think Lee Hoos is a shrewd businessman.

Really hope we are allowed to reinvest these funds as we certainly need to. Defensively we are very solid and we have 2 quality keepers. I'd argue in these departments we are geared up to a top 6 standard team.

However you look at midfield currently and with phillips and hoilett both gone we are looking more league 1 standard i that department. Connor and Polter could come good up top but id say its more a mid table partnership in the champ.

We need 4 quality signings now imo. This should be 2 wingers who can actually deliver a ball, a cm who can dictate the game and if we are genuinely serious about going up then we need to sign a class striker who knows how to score at this level. Shame Murray went to Brighton, but we should look at signing someone like Wells or even taking a lambert type on loan.

Comment

please leave phillips

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Take it and run! Cheers WBA!
                This!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Very good deals for the club and think Lee Hoos is a shrewd businessman.

Really hope we are allowed to reinvest these funds as we certainly need to. Defensively we are very solid and we have 2 quality keepers. I'd argue in these departments we are geared up to a top 6 standard team.

However you look at midfield currently and with phillips and hoilett both gone we are looking more league 1 standard i that department. Connor and Polter could come good up top but id say its more a mid table partnership in the champ.

We need 4 quality signings now imo. This should be 2 wingers who can actually deliver a ball, a cm who can dictate the game and if we are genuinely serious about going up then we need to sign a class striker who knows how to score at this level. Shame Murray went to Brighton, but we should look at signing someone like Wells or even taking a lambert type on loan.
                  We have a cm who can dictate a game, he might wish to be playing in a different league, but if he wants a transfer it looks as though he will need to put in a stint of 20+ games, so when the next medical rolls around in January people take a punt on him. We were going to sell him for 1.5m and Lisbon turned him down. There is no point giving him a free when he is so much better than what else we have

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                    We have a cm who can dictate a game, he might wish to be playing in a different league, but if he wants a transfer it looks as though he will need to put in a stint of 20+ games, so when the next medical rolls around in January people take a punt on him. We were going to sell him for 1.5m and Lisbon turned him down. There is no point giving him a free when he is so much better than what else we have
                    I agree with your sentiments mate. A fit Sandro starting every week for us would be amazing. However we all know he's a walking injury waiting to happen. Gut feeling is we will have to loan him out.

Comment

Tough one..... i rate the kid highly but he only played 3 or 4 games. Would like to see him as backup personally.

Get shot of mackie tozer and el #### who are all pony.
                      El #### is about as athletic as an arthritic monkey, Hits, but think there might be a player there......

Comment

Super piece of business, well done Lee Hoos and QPR. What a super player Phillips can be. He clearly struggles for motivation sometimes and probably hasn't enjoyed his time at QPR much, which you can hardly blame him for. A massive shame he joined at such a turbulent time as he could have been a real asset.

I wish him the best of luck at West Brom and hope he fulfils his potential there. Selling him this summer was undoubtedly the right thing to do though and if we got anywhere near £5mil then it's a great bit of business.

I really, really like the direction we've gone so far this summer. If this squad comes together and achieves something this year it'll be a very special season. They're assembling a squad of likeable players that I think we'll be able to relate to. I'm really looking forward to this season.

Comment

Very good post that Pad.

Comment

Conductiong a medical now.

Comment

Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post
                              They're assembling a squad of likeable players that I think we'll be able to relate to. I'm really looking forward to this season.
                              Spot on and 100% agree.

Comment

Medical passed. Will be anounced lunch time most probably

Comment

Working...
                                X