Q.P.R. Depth Chart 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q.P.R. Depth Chart 2016/17

As things stand, this is how our squad shapes up for the season ahead... (have i missed anyone out?)

GK

- Smithies
    - Ingram
    - Lumley

RB

- Perch
    - Furlong

LB

- Bidwell
    - Robinson
    - Kpekwa

CB

- Lynch
    - Hall
    - Onouha
    - Caulker*

DM

- Luongo
    - Borysiuk
    - Doughty
    - Henry
    - Tozser

RM

- Phillips*
    - Petrasso
    - Mackie

LM

- El Khayati
    - Gladwin

AM

- Chery

ST

- Polter
    - Washington
    - Emmanuel-Thomas

U21

- Grego-cox
    - Prohouly
    - Comley
    - Hamalainen
    - Kakay
    - Shodipo

OUT

- Hoilett Free Agent
    - Fer >> Swansea
    - Sandro >> Knackered

It's clear that Jimmy and Les are looking to sure up the back four, as evidenced by two key additions in Lynch and Bidwell. Two left sided defenders with experience, leadership and grit, just what we needed.

So all eyes now turn to how the club decide to address the lack of attacking options. Thankfully, Les appears to be standing firm as far as hemorrhaging wages on players who aren't playing to their potential, so Hoilett looks set to test free agency before possibly tucking his tail between his legs and returning to the club, doubtless sighting his fondness for the fans and "unfinished business" as the reasoning, instead of, "no one was daft enough to splash out funny money", so he took Les's best offer.

Assuming Jimmy sticks to his favoured 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation, then, as it stands, this could be our most likely starting XI to face Leeds;

Smithies

Perch/Onouha - Hall - Lynch - Bidwell

Borysiuk - Henry/Luongo

Emannuel-Thomas - Chery - El Khayati

Polter

Owing to the lack of offensive options I've slotted JET in as a right sided attacking option over the relatively untested Petrasso or an injured Mackie. It's clear that the cupboard is rather bare in terms of proven attacking threat on the wings and as back up to Tjarron Chery.

I hope there's enough room in the budget for some pacy wide men!

...thoughts?

Originally posted by >><< View Post
    As things stand, this is how our squad shapes up for the season ahead... (have i missed anyone out?)

GK

- Smithies
    - Ingram
    - Lumley

RB

- Perch
    - Furlong

LB

- Bidwell
    - Robinson
    - Kpekwa

CB

- Lynch
    - Hall
    - Onouha
    - Caulker*

DM

- Luongo
    - Borysiuk
    - Doughty
    - Henry
    - Tozser

RM

- Phillips*
    - Petrasso
    - Mackie

LM

- El Khayati
    - Gladwin

AM

- Chery

ST

- Polter
    - Washington
    - Emmanuel-Thomas

U21

- Grego-cox
    - Prohouly
    - Comley
    - Hamalainen
    - Kakay
    - Shodipo

OUT

- Hoilett Free Agent
    - Fer >> Swansea
    - Sandro >> Knackered

It's clear that Jimmy and Les are looking to sure up the back four, as evidenced by two key additions in Lynch and Bidwell. Two left sided defenders with experience, leadership and grit, just what we needed.

So all eyes now turn to how the club decide to address the lack of attacking options. Thankfully, Les appears to be standing firm as far as hemorrhaging wages on players who aren't playing to their potential, so Hoilett looks set to test free agency before possibly tucking his tail between his legs and returning to the club, doubtless sighting his fondness for the fans and "unfinished business" as the reasoning, instead of, "no one was daft enough to splash out funny money", so he took Les's best offer.

Assuming Jimmy sticks to his favoured 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation, then, as it stands, this could be our most likely starting XI to face Leeds;

Smithies

Perch/Onouha - Hall - Lynch - Bidwell

Borysiuk - Henry/Luongo

Emannuel-Thomas - Chery - El Khayati

Polter

Owing to the lack of offensive options I've slotted JET in as a right sided attacking option over the relatively untested Petrasso or an injured Mackie. It's clear that the cupboard is rather bare in terms of proven attacking threat on the wings and as back up to Tjarron Chery.

I hope there's enough room in the budget for some pacy wide men!

...thoughts?
    Going by that squad, we still have plenty to do in the transfer market. Both gladwin and el #### are pony so we will need a first choice left winger. Also a right winger.

Relying on jet, washington and polter to get the goals is wishful thinking. Will need a first choice striker. Also cover for chery and another cb.
    Thats 5 more signings including 3 first choice players.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

El kahati and Toszer are the ones that should be got rid of / put down.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        El Khayti is a capable squad member that has the ability to come on as a sub and create chances.
        I dont see him as a starter though.

Toszer, i think all on here would agree that they would like to see him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          Going by that squad, we still have plenty to do in the transfer market. Both gladwin and el #### are pony so we will need a first choice left winger. Also a right winger.

Relying on jet, washington and polter to get the goals is wishful thinking. Will need a first choice striker. Also cover for chery and another cb.
          Priorities for me are a winger and striker. Both signings need to be of the best quality we can get.
          Beyond that, another midfielder (preferably a creative one that could cover for chery if needed) and a defender.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Bit extreme putting players down James might get some backlash from plod.
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Won't get many goals with that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by >><< View Post
                Q.P.R. Depth Chart 2016/17
                Welcome to the forum >><<. You surely get the award for the most unusual username. How would you suggest we address you?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  Welcome to the forum >><<. You surely get the award for the most unusual username. How would you suggest we address you?
                  Got to nickname him arrowhead

Comment

I agree with this & its going to be interested who we get in considering we`re on a tight leash/budget now! we need quality in those attacking areas,cant keep going for cheap "hope they come good" types,can see us really struggling if we splash on abit of quality,also think we`re lightweight in midfield & lacking creativity.
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Got to nickname him arrowhead
                      Arrowhead works for me

Comment

Clearly we need to add one or two attacking midfield options, proven quality players. I would imagine that Les and Jimmy are waiting on the sale of Matt Phillips and Leroy Fer before making moves in the transfer market.

Comment

The outgoings should give management a nice amount to play about with, but a large chunk of it needs to be spent on a quality winger and striker.

Comment

Spot on, IMO.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Looking at that squad we are lower bottom half material. No creativity or goals

Comment

Working...
                              X